Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggs in the Desert/I didn't make it

Options
Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have not been on the forum for most of the day and couldn't make the Eggs in the Desert fest today. Anyone report back yet???

It was a lousy day for it as we had rain and wind, still do. I still hope they had a good turn out.

Regards,
Bordello

Comments

• Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    I'm sorry you couldn't make it to the fest and join in the fun but, on the other hand, I am very happy. We really wanted to go this year but it wasn't in the cards. When I thought you might be going I was ready to hop on a plane but the fare was over $1,300. No can do... Sooner or later you two "harem" guys have to meet.
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    I don't know Bob. I haven't seen either. Hope it went well. Hope no damage or anything. :(
  • BBQThom
    Options
    Had a great time with the Eggheads
    Very creative items submitted by the teams
    Dr BBQ did a class 301 advanced Hamburgers YUMMMMM
  • Bordello
    Options
    :)
    Dear Mrs. Judy,
    That was sure nice of you to even consider going and I'm sorry none of us were able to make it. I'm real close but as many are having a hard time it just was not to be for me. :(

But keep the faith that one day, somewhere it will work out. Hope you and Leroy are doing well.

My Best to y'all,
    Bordello
  • 2Fategghead
    Options
    Dern, I didn't know there was a hamburger class 301. It must be really awesome. ;)
  • Bordello
    Options
    I'm about 50 miles away give or take a few and while the weather was not good it was not what I would call terrible terrible either.

But I know Randy and Kim were going back to Tucson which is about 2 hrs or so from the fest. Hope others didn't have much further to go.

Regards,
    Bordello
  • Bordello
    Options
    That's good news and I'm sure glad to hear it. Sorry I had to miss it again but will stay hopeful for the future.

Cheers,
    Bordello
  • GW
    GW Posts: 98
    Options
    The fest was a hit despite the weather. Lots of great food and fun. Glad I was able to be apart of it. I'm a bit tired so uploading pics into photo bucket is a bit much right now. Momma needs some happy hour time :P
  • Bordello
    Options
    :whistle:
    Scott, by all means take Great care of Momma and be sure she always comes first. Pictures will be there when you get to em.

Glad it came off well regardless of the weather. Thanks for posting about it.

cheers and give my regards to "Momma" ;)

Bordello
  • Desert Filly
    Options
    Hey Bob...we were there, and despite the weather had a great time. A great showing too. We cooked Stuffed Fritos, Pork sliders, and of course the infamous Rum Cake. Wind was horrindous winds...and some rain. We turned in at 2:15 and headed home. But...a great time...reacquainting with our Texas friends...and able to book by them. Missed see a lot of the locals that are there....Next year...a must for everyone.

Kim
  • Desert Filly
    Options
    Bob..the wind was really scarey....our daughter was on her way up, and called and said she was turning around and going back home. Would have recommended that advice to anyone. We were all hanging onto the easyups.
    Next year...hope to see you.
    Kim
  • BigGreenGregg
    Options
    Thanks to everyone that cooked today - some good food at every stop!! Got to meet Scott and Randy - my pleasure in both instances. Thanks for cooking guys!!

Started off well (albeit windy):
    IMG_1678.jpg

Then started to get uglier:
    IMG_1690.jpg

This guy didn't seem to mind:
    IMG_1679.jpg

Neither did this guy:
    IMG_1681.jpg

At least he looked happy when he was done:
    IMG_1689.jpg

The rain came and never stopped, but I think everyone still had a good time. A great first 'Fest for me. Thanks again to everyone. Look forward to many more.
  • 2Fategghead
    Options
    Thanks for the pic's Greg. :)
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    What he meant to say. :)

Bob,

This is one of the 4.625 weekends I'm not away hunting and fishing so I should hang with the boss. and the captain is calling :laugh:
  • Bordello
    Options
    Hi Kim & Randy,
    SOoooo sorry I had to miss it again but I'm glad your daughter did the safe thing and that you and Randy made it.

Hope you had a good time. This weather is so unusual for this time of year but it's nuts everywhere. Hope to see y'all somewhere at sometime.

Hi to all for me please,
    Bordello
  • Bordello
    Options
    Thanks for posting the pictures, looks brighter there then where I live which is about 50 miles east of Tempe.

Was real nice about 6 a.m. but by 11 or so the wind was blowing then the rain came and it was dark all day.

glad to see the event still came out O.K.

Cheers,
    Bordello
  • Bordello
    Options
    Thanks Kim,
    I know I posted to you above but just know it was a sad day for me not to be there to see all of you. I do not do well in the cold but that is not the reason. Hope to connect at some point.

Glad everyone is safe,
    Bordello
  • Misippi Egger
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • GW
    GW Posts: 98
    Options
    Roger that good buddy ;)