Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

10lb angus beef brisket !!!!

Options
Eggbert 75
Eggbert 75 Posts: 42
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just looking for any last minute tips......was planning on cooking 225 dome temp, for 16-18hrs (or what internal temp is recommended?) I know smoke is kinda personal preference.....hickory? mesquite? Pics will follow can't wait till get to try'r sunday eve !!!!

Comments

• Adam Boca
    Options
    I prefer a mix of hickory and apple wood..to me misquiet is too bold of a smoke...
  • Eggbert 75
    Options
    Thanks thats a thought......i've mixed them before
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    I am still a newbie, but for my 2nd brisket, I am going to try a 250 dome. I tried a 225 and it was too low for my cook.
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • jurisdoc
    Options
    Probably too late for this one, but at the beginning of a cook, 225 dome will equal about 200 grid temp. I'd strongly consider 250 dome, which will give you what you want at the meat level. I go mainly by the grid level temp with my maverick on low and slow cooks. Worth the money, as they'll let you get some sleep too.

I've only done one brisket and I used pecan for the smoke. It was great, as it gave it a mild, nutty smoke flavor which worked great with the pretty stout rub. My wife, who isn't crazy about a really strong smoke flavor, loved it too.