Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Burrrrrrrr....Egg on ice

SnowEggSnowEgg Posts: 29
edited 6:32AM in EggHead Forum
9b6fce89.jpg
<p />This was the scene about 9:30 this morning as I fired up the Egg for my first try at chuck roast for bbq beef. After about three hours at 250F, a foil wrapping for another two hours, an hour towel-wrapped in a cooler, some nice sauce, and at least a six pack....it turned out great! The neighbors say that I need counseling...but that's ok...right????[p]Cheers[p]Scott

Comments

• Mac  in NCMac in NC Posts: 287
    SnowEgg,[p]My wife has been suggesting I go to counseling for three years now. Want to go together? Maybe we can sneak my mini into the session.[p]Mac
  • SnowEggSnowEgg Posts: 29
    Mac in NC , Counseling it is! You bring the mini, and I'll have a shaker full of Cow Lick under my hat. By the time they notice the hickory smoke, we'll be be belly-full of wholesome Egg goodness! [p]Is it proper psycho etiquette to start the first session with TREX steaks, or should we wade in with burgers or a spatchcock chicken??? Hmmm.

• GoodEggGoodEgg Posts: 16
    SnowEgg,[p]Are you kidding? We all need counseling.[p]But we all eat VERY well.