Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pizza turned out great, Thanks Bayou Egger

wkygrillerwkygriller Posts: 408
edited 5:52PM in EggHead Forum
Tried the craw fish pizza at Eggtoberfest 2010. It was terrific and the crust was perfect ;) so I took a recipe card to try it at home. Contacted Steve because I was concerned about the amount of yeast to use and that I would be using shrimp. He gave me a bunch of pointers and I have to say one of the best pizzas I have ever eaten.
I added a few tomato slices to the mix
102_0838.jpg
Added some basil I dried last year, shrimp that was sauteed for 30 seconds and cheese
102_0840.jpg
Cooked at about 500 so I wouldn't over do the shrimp
102_0842.jpg
Crust was not as brown as I would have preferred, but was crispy and had a wonderful flavor
102_0843-1.jpg
·

Comments

• Thats a awesome looking pizza - congrats
    ·
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Took me a while to get pizza crust down on the Egg. Great job on that!
    ·
  • Hey JL,

Just going to bed. Did you just get home?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Pizza looks good, do you mind sharing the crust recipe? I'm still looking for a recipe I really like.
    ·
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Very nice looking pie
    I am going to try shrimp ;)

Shane
    ·
  • The crust recipe is in the eggtoberfest 2010 recipe file under craw fish pizza. First time I have ever used bread flour. Also added fresh rosemary and garlic powder to the the dough. tons of flavor
    ·
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    nice work. looks great!
    context is important :)
    ·
  • I think my next egg pizza may be a shrimp pizza.
    ·
  • Wow those look great! I'm glad it worked out for you. We are just entering crawfish season down here in New Orleans, but from what I'm reading it's going to be a down year. Not enough rain and too much cold weather. We can usually get live crawfish for about $1.20 to $1.50 a pound in the peak of the season. Right now they are in the high $3s to low $4s. Not making any pizzas right now!

Shrimp works just as well as you now know! What do you pay for a pound of shrimp in Kentucky? Down here it's usually under $5.00 a pound for jumbo.

Again, looks great!

Steve
    ·
  • I got the shrimp on sale for $9.99 a lb :angry:. The recipe didn't say what to do with the fresh chopped rosemary, so I tossed it into the kitchen aid along with some garlic and the dough. Sure added flavor. Also the recipe calls for 6 tbls of eveoo, but only said to put 2 in the dough. Where does the rest of the eveoo go? Made 2 very large balls of dough, so I froze one and hopefully it will be good next week. :unsure:
    ·
  • Richard,

I leave that extra olive oil out b/c the recipe is for focaccia bread and you use it at the end and then sprinkle Koser salt on top.

I've even added fresh sage along with the rosemary into the flour and that adds another layer of flavor. It's my favorite pizza crust and trust me...we went thru some recipes before we found this one.

Here is Emeril's recipe...

http://www.emerils.com/recipe/name/rosemary_focaccia.html

Steve
    ·