Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Oh no. Running low on Pineapple Head

PattyOPattyO Posts: 882
edited 12:38PM in EggHead Forum
I'm running very low on Pineapple head. Any suggestions until I can get to my dealer or make an order. That's the only one I need. Do you know a homemade concoction for grilled fruit until I refill with DP-PH?
·

Comments

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,861
    This has been good to me for many years, you may want to add some salt and/or cayenne to the mix.

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=663323&catid=1
    ·
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    I feel your pain. :( I buy mine in two pound bags to avoid this situation. I hope you find something that comes remotely close, but I can't think of anything.
    ·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,341
    Howdy Patty.
    Not sure if it the recipe is still out there, but a guy named MikeO posted a pineapple recipe years ago. You dip the pineapple slices in melted butter, then into raw sugar. Then a dusting of cinnamon and cloves and grill and serve with reduced rum and vanilla ice cream. That was the inspiration for Pineapple Head.

So, for fruit try some cinnamon and cloves mixed into sugar, and maybe a dash of salt. Add chilies for heat and earthiness. Can't tell you the other stuff ;-)

Happy cookin!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,382
    Nature Boy wrote:
    Can't tell you the other stuff ;-)

Hahaha - C'mon, Chris... you can tell US!
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

·
  • If you a mexican food section in your local grocer, Tajin comes close, made for fruit.
    ·