Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dessert Recipe

Options
TBonez
TBonez Posts: 10
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am in need of a quick dessert recipe for about 40 people. Can someone please help me?

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=663323&catid=1

Dessert, Brownies, Intensely Fudgy Brownies, Chubb'y Chic

INGREDIENTS:
    8 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped (Scharffen Berger or Valrhona 70% bittersweet is delicious)
    8 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
    12 Tbs butter + extra for pan
    2 cups sugar 1/2 tsp. salt 4 eggs 2/3 cup flour
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    1-1 1/2 cup chopped nuts

Procedure:
    1 Set up Egg for an indirect cook plate setter legs down with little feet for pizza stone to sit on, and stabilize at 325 degrees,( about 375 dome temp) making sure you have a well established, "clean" fire. Prepare a 12" round cake pan by buttering the sides and bottom and lining w/parchment paper for easy removal of brownies.
    2 Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler setup (large glass or stainless bowl set over saucepan of simmering water). Once chocolate and butter mixture is smooth, remove from heat. By hand, beat in the salt, sugar, vanilla and eggs one at a time. Add the flour and stir vigorously until the batter become shiny and pulls from the sides of the bowl. Stir in nuts, and turn mixture into prepared pan and bake for 60 to 70 minutes.

Recipe Type
    Dessert

Recipe Source
    Author: Ann Tabor

Source: BGE EggsbytheBay, '07, Chubby's Chic, Ann Tabor
  • Brokersmoker
    Options
    Search the forum for a post from Mainegg title "and apple strudel for desert" my family loves it, I'm having a hard time posting a link, sorry
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Grill up a bunch of pineapple or banannas coated in brown sugar and serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    This was good. Up scale by cutting into chunks and into a pan. Apples, pears, peaches ect. Add anything. Nuts, raisins, oats, brown sugar, maple syrup, and spices.

Miniatwork059.jpg
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE