Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

woosday gone fishing

fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,483
edited 7:38AM in EggHead Forum
fishing last weekend was fun, nice bunch of white perch, Mt. Chocorua for a backdrop, had a bunch of old snow mobiles but never got close enough for a pic, all made in the town where we fished, one was later used for rumrunning in the the wintah during prohibition, included a video so you could see what they looked like

002-18.jpg

001-23.jpg

003-9.jpg

004-17.jpg

some old classic snowmobiles made in ossipee nh

http://www.filmbaby.com/films/2884

Comments

• BigABigA Posts: 1,157
    had a pretty cool back drop!! :) those fish look like they would have been pretty good in the fryen pan :cheer:
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,483
    i dont think they make a better fish for the fryer :) we have a huge fish fry at the end of the season, those will be part of it ;)
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
    very nice!
  • Looks good!-Is that Lake Ossipee?
    a woman in work was telling me about a big ice fishing shindig in Milford, NH. Baboosic lake?
    sounded great, wish my kids ween't so damn busy it would've been fun.
  • Thanks for posting! :)
    thats ossipee, been going there about 10 or so years now for the winni derby with a big group. this year was great, they had a chinook sled dog convention going on at the hotel i was at, very cool dogs
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Good mess of perch you got there. :P
    if you havent dragged the kids up a mountain, thats one of the best short hikes in the state, a couple hours you go from woods and mountain streams to switchbacks, to the short trees, to the rock top and great views, i try to make it most years
  • Can't believe you didn't fry up some of those perch right away. Nice catch. :)

Loved the video on the early snowmobiles.
  • My grandparents had a Chinook. they said it was descended from the dogs that went to one of the poles.
    Beautiful dogs and great pets.

I have to get back out doing winter stuff...
  • You taliking about hiking Chocorua? My wife and I did it pre-kids from the Kancamagus! I had more energy in those days. that and I didn't tell my wife we were taking the long way up. we should do that this year on our way up to North Conway in July.

I've done a couple short hikes with the kids but am looking to expand. Mt Willard in Crawford Notch has great views and is (used to be) fairly easy. then we go fishing in Amonoosic Lake (smallest "lake" I've ever seen) where the girls caught their first Rainbow Trout , but I can't find the pictures....
  • Cool, and I do mean cool stuff Mike.
    Here's mine. I was surprised to see this guy in mid February on a 50 degree night
    001.JPG
    My project for the weekend, 20 pounds of smoked salmon
    110.JPG
    And finally, a little egg deco. Old egg, new firebox, new grate
    103.JPG
    only sign of spring ive seen so far was a rescent skunk out at night, its the beginning of their mating season.
  • bobbybbobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Redfish in South Louisiana, a fisherman's paradise.

100_0260crop.jpg
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Adam's face...priceless

MinnesooootaIceFest2011214.jpg

Comfort sets in as well as conversation between kilts.

MinnesooootaIceFest2011213.jpg

Notice the nail polsih? :whistle:

MinnesooootaIceFest2011212.jpg
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    here ya go Molly
    That's great Pat!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • Oh my God Molly! I am soooo happy he didn't do that last year! My faith in short guys is shattered! :ohmy: Between the Pool creature and Kim in the polka dot apron and this. I need therapy! I really thought Adam wasn't but there you go. :blink: I pray zippy doesn't show up in lingere somewhere. Or Chubby, that would definitely be worse :sick:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Thought you'd enjoy. :laugh: B)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • He does have nice little legs though :)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Really, they both do. ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    I like to fish here:
    IMG_0137.jpg
    IMG_0138.jpg
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Here's a couple from 30 miles out, beautiful calm day

the boat

100_3948.jpg

100_3934.jpg

100_3930.jpg

some of the neighbors

100_3922.jpg

100_3923.jpg
  • Nice fish. Real nice. Was this area impacted by oil?
  • Steven....You would look good with one on! I'm sure!
    But you're saying not?? Maybe with enough beer!
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Hay I gots a baggy full of the good stuff for ya. Been killing Squellers JUST FOR YOU all year!! :laugh: Send me your email or phone threw the forum so I can contact you and get "goods" to you. You should be able to tye flies all summer long with them. ;)
  • BoatmanBoatman Posts: 854
    Yep, caught one myself - 750 pound tuna B)
    scan0004.jpg
  • Jerry,

I'm Scottish so it would be ok.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Boatman,

You must have a really big ice auger eh? ;)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

thats a nice catch. hooked one of those years back in my dub tub and it just spun the boat in circles, had no way to land it :laugh: where abouts is that