Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reverse Seared Duck Breast

BobS
BobS Posts: 2,485
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I saw a post the other day where someone cooked a duck breast in a CI skillet on their grill. A little light went off and I thought, it might be good to try a reverse sear on a duck breast. The thought was that the slow cook could give some good flavor and get rid of some of the fat and then a quick sear in a CI skillet.

I started the breast cooking direct, on a raised grate, on my Small BGE, with cherry for smoke. It took 30 minutes to go from refrigerator temp to 120. Next time I would pull it at 110.

Then I dropped it into a skillet, skin side down for three minutes and one minute on the other side.

15-02-11Duck1.jpg

It was a little more done than I was shooting for, but the flavor was great. I think that this has promise.

15-02-11Duck2.jpg

Next time I will pull from the first part of the cook at 115-120 and I will cook it with the lid open, so that I minimize the roasting and get equal crisping, with less overall cooking.

Comments