Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Cracked xl

fyrcatfyrcat Posts: 41
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We have been the owners of an xl since Dec. 06. I use the egg more than I use my wolf oven in the kitchen. 2 weeks ago I was ramping the heat up for our usual Sunday night pizza, and noticed that the backside of the bottom had a crack. I about died. My heat on the egg was around 700 deg. There had been no trauma to my egg-it wasn't dropped, or hit. I hadn't cooked at any excessive heat...so I have no idea why it was cracked. I finished making our dinner, and the next day cleaned it and took everything out of it. The crack went all across the bottom and stopped at the vent. I emailed big green egg and was contacted by Bruce. I was asked to send him some pictures, which I did. I have to tell you, he was fabulous! He told me I was covered under warranty. I could use any green egg dealer close to us to have the covered part sent to. I chose not to use who we purchased it from, but used Eggs By The Bay (Darry) in Santa Clara CA. Within 10 days Darry emailed me my new bottom was in. I picked it up on Saturday, and was back in business about 30 minutes later. I always knew that the green egg was the best thing to come into my life, but the company behind it is even better. They stand behind their product. I really am still in shock how quickly and painlessly this all went. I still am wondering why my egg cracked. We are in N. California, the weather was around 70 deg, so it wasn't shock from the cold. Any ways, the old bottom will become a planter(I can't bring myself to throw it). I wanted to share with you all, what you probably already know, GREEN EGG IS THE BEST. Cathy Whitney

Comments