Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Valentine's Day Lobster tryout

Options
Clay Q
Clay Q Posts: 4,486
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok, what to do with these creatures? I'm far, far away from the ocean and this is a stranger to our dinner table so I'm wondering if this is going be good or just a disappointment.
BGELobstertails0001.jpg

I find that people split the shell so I get my Chef knife out... "crunch", the shell splits and I pull the meat from the shell part way.
BGELobstertails0004.jpg

I find a recipe for a brush on marinade that's simple; Olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper. I brush it all over.
BGELobstertails0006.jpg

DianaQ already has the small egg up and running when I got home from work. Sweet. So it was all nice and fully heated. I went indirect for more control of heat and I added vidalia1's pecan wood for a little sweet smoke. On they went belly down.
BGELobstertails0008.jpg

I flipped once and stayed with the egg, checking with my thermapen. They said "Don't overcook!"
BGELobstertails0009.jpg

All done and it's time for dinner.
BGELobstertails0011.jpg

Was terrific! I scored on Valentine's day. ;)
BGELobstertails0013.jpg

Comments