Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Valentine's Day Lobster tryout

Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,415
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok, what to do with these creatures? I'm far, far away from the ocean and this is a stranger to our dinner table so I'm wondering if this is going be good or just a disappointment.
BGELobstertails0001.jpg

I find that people split the shell so I get my Chef knife out... "crunch", the shell splits and I pull the meat from the shell part way.
BGELobstertails0004.jpg

I find a recipe for a brush on marinade that's simple; Olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper. I brush it all over.
BGELobstertails0006.jpg

DianaQ already has the small egg up and running when I got home from work. Sweet. So it was all nice and fully heated. I went indirect for more control of heat and I added vidalia1's pecan wood for a little sweet smoke. On they went belly down.
BGELobstertails0008.jpg

I flipped once and stayed with the egg, checking with my thermapen. They said "Don't overcook!"
BGELobstertails0009.jpg

All done and it's time for dinner.
BGELobstertails0011.jpg

Was terrific! I scored on Valentine's day. ;)
BGELobstertails0013.jpg

Comments