Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Large Temp Gauge

jbennyjbenny Posts: 147
edited 12:20AM in EggHead Forum
What's a large temp gauge for the egg? I though about Tel Tru but I need something I can see from more than 4 feet. Guess I'm getting old.

• 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Get a kid to tell you what the temp is. :laugh:

Just kidding :laugh:
  • Tel Tru makes quite a few models with a 4" or 5" dial on them. The only problem with it is that the stem that goes through the egg is 1/4" in diameter, requiring you to enlarge the hole. It is a fairly easy procedure, but will more than likely void any warranty.
  • Yes you have to enlarge the hole, but it's no big deal.
  • Asianflava,
    I am SO going to copy you, when (not IF) I get my small... :whistle:
    Thanks for the idea!! :woohoo:
  • dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    I have a couple of temp readers I use myself :woohoo:
  • skihornskihorn Posts: 600
    Another suggestion I have read on here is to rotate the thermometer so that your desired temp is at "12:00." In other words if you are shooting for 250 rotate so that 250 is at the top. Then you can just gaze out the window and see if the needle is pointing straight up.

League City, TX