Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Oysters for Valentine\'s Day

Options
Florida Grillin Girl
Florida Grillin Girl Posts: 4,973
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Celebrated it last night starting off with some oysters. It was nice enough out to shuck them on the dock in the sun.

2 dozen from Apalachicola, FL

P2134069.jpg

They were good sized. I always smell them before cooking them, and they should smell like the sea. These did.

We love blue cheese, so I made a blue cheese topping. I mixed blue cheese with a little cream cheese and 1/2 & 1/2, added some Crystal hot sauce. Topped with spinach or fresh dill. I also topped a few oysters with LaBomba and cheddar and fresh dill.

P2134073.jpg

This was the temperature when I was lighting the egg at sunset - told ya it was nice out!

P2134072.jpg

Onto the hot egg:

P2134074.jpg

Served with some Argentinian sparking wine:

P2134077.jpg

Yum!

P2134083.jpg

2nd batch:

P2134082.jpg

I can't believe they are gone already!

P2134081.jpg

Earlier in the day, I marinated some pork tenderloins - 1 with jerk and 1 with Mojo Criollo.

P2134070.jpg

Somehow forgot to take pics of them on the egg.

Lastly, a small filet topped with blue cheese on a screaming hot steel plate. Toss some butter on the steel, then some kosher salt, then the steak. Add blue cheese near end.

P2134087.jpg

Plated with homemade creamed spinach and sweet potato fries, and a cranberry sauce for the Mojo pork:

P2134089.jpg

This is hanging on my front door, isn't it cute? Happy Valentine's Day!

P2134071.jpg
Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini

Comments