Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Skinless Spatcocked Chicken

edited 4:27AM in EggHead Forum
Two of our household are now on diets... skinless chicken breast type stuff. Anyway I cooked a spatchocked chicken last night without the skin. It worked. I marinated it in buttermilk with Kaptain Karl's Nonthreatening Rub (the two dieters are also spiceaphobic so I put together this rub} for a day. Toweled off about 95% of the marinade. Put on a thick layer of the rub. Cooked it half hour on a side at 350, breast side down first. Put on sauce twice during the last half hour. It was good the rub stuck to the marinade and with the baisted sauce it didn't have that animic look of skinless chicken. Just thought I would pass this on for those times when you are cooking for the caloricly challeneged. FF

• BoccieBoccie Posts: 186
    Fearless Flatlander,[p]I dont eat the skin either. I do cook chicken with the skin on to keep it from drying out too much. Just peel back the skin and season under it and lay the skin back.
  • Boccie,[p]As posted before, I usually cook the chickens skinless and have had great results. I actually cooked the last one on a direct set-up with the grate in the normal position and the bird still had plenty of juice.
  • Boccie,[p]Great advice and another thing a cook can do if he doesn't plan to eat the skin is to cook it skin side down all thru the cook to hold all the moisture inside the chicken. Swim cap method does work well.[p]Dave