Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tacos Carne Asada with Xni Pec

Options
Egg Juju
Egg Juju Posts: 658
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It was a wonderful day here with temps in the mid 50's. I could not let this pass without a little grill action. I found a nice skirt steak at whole foods and settled on Carne Asada. Very simple and I made Xni Pec, or dog's snout salsa, because it might bite you! Add a few tortillas, a little sour cream, and the wife's tomato pie and dinner was served.

The carne asada started with grilled onions and poblanos. The skirt steak was simply seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.

D.JPG

E.JPG

The tomato pie is probably more Italian than Mexican, but we had the ingredients and we both like it a lot.

G.JPG

H.JPG

Xni Pec seems to have about 100 variations. I made mine with 4 ripe tomatoes, 2 cloves garlic, 1 sweet onion, 12 habeneros, a bunch of cilantro, juice of a sour orange, and the juice of 2 limes. If you dont like hot... skip this. A friend said it made him feel as if his insides were on fire. :lol: I didn't think it was that hot, but some like it hot and some don't.

I.JPG

Once everything was grilled I sliced it up and toasted the tortillas. Dinner is served.

K.JPG

L.JPG

M.JPG

N.JPG

This was a delicious meal. One of the best things was just how simple it was. A few fresh ingredients and a little time. The best thing was that I got to spend some time outside and fire up the egg.
Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com

Comments