Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where Is Everyone Getting Their Blues Hog

Options
BENTE
BENTE Posts: 8,337
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i need to get some and my "guy" in atlanta can't get it for me.... so is there some place where everyone is ordering it. i was thinking Fred's or Penzey's (sp).

thanks

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

Comments

• BENTE
    Options
    i remember someone a couple years ago were very slow in shipping but i dont remember who it was do you remember pat?

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    That was if you ordered direct. Hawgeyes has a good reputation for getting things out fast
  • BENTE
    Options
    cool thanks pat i just completed my order ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• NibbleMeThis
    Options
    I get ours from our local Food City supermarket. **** I'm a lucky guy! They carry all three sauces and the rub.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • Gator Bait
    Options

I'm in the east and pay less shipping by getting it at the BBQ Guru just out side of Philly. I ordered on a Monday, used the cheapest ground shipping, it shipped Tuesday and was at my door on Friday. Four quarts for $40.47 total. Last I heard, yesterday, they were out of quarts so I'd check.

• Cobra
    Cobra Posts: 110
    Options
    I get it at the local grocery store. Granted I am less than 2 hours from Blues Hog home.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Give your "guy" a break man...."somebody" in South Carolina took "his" last couple jars and I haven't had a resupply in a while.
  • Fornia
    Fornia Posts: 451
    Options
    I've never been to Fred's without seeing Blues Hog on the shelf....so I'd give him a shot.

BUT if so....I'd highly recommend ALSO picking up a jar of Fred's new sauce. I personally like it better than Blues Hog.

IMG_2537.jpg
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    I've still got some in the basement from the last time I crossed paths with my "hog guy" from Peculiar...... gonna have to find a new supplier myself one day...... :(
  • BENTE
    Options
    its ok i forgive him!! :laugh:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    yea it would be easy to pick up the phone but that was the old days :(

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    mine was about ten dollars per quart with shipping so i got a pretty good deal.. thanks

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    a auctioneer i work with two days a week lives in knoxville so i may be able to get him to pick me some up next time i run out.. thanks

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    show off :P

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    i will have to give his sauce a shot some day if i ever get up to his place i woulod like to go but it is a little far for me :laugh:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Boilermaker Ben
    Options
    In the past week, I've been hearing from other Illinois Eggheads that a couple of the major regional grocery chains are starting to carry it. I've checked a couple stores in my area, and haven't seen it yet. Might have to talk to customer service, and see if they'll start stocking it.