Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Friday night Fish Fry

Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
edited 4:00AM in EggHead Forum
This time fresh cod courtesy of our good friends, Canadian fishermen.
BGECodnuggets0002.jpg

Sure like the thin coating from Louisiana Fish Fry Products, called Seasoned Fish Fry. Added a little Dizzy Pig Swamp Venom and we were happy customers. :)
BGECodnuggets0001-1.jpg

Everybody, eat more fish, it's good for you. :cheer:
·

Comments

• Looking good! ;)
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,834
    Looks good, Clay - seems like when we are in Door County every street corner has signs advertising those darn fish boils! Glad to see at least one WI citizen knows you fry fish not boil it!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    I been cravin some fried fish.That looks FANTASTIC! :)
    ·
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    I use that same brand of coating when I do my catfish fry at Tikifest..always turns out good..
    ·
  • WessB wrote:
    I use that same brand of coating when I do my catfish fry at Tikifest..always turns out good..
    Always turns out great! ;)
    ·
  • bubba timbubba tim Posts: 3,216
    yum yum! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
    ·
    and we'll do it again at some point this year...Thanks for the kind words..
    ·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,342
    'tis a highlight of the tikifest fo sho. Hope yall are well, and say howdy to Sally.

Cheers!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,342
    Man o man. I have an eye round resting...just cooked on the egg, mainly for lunch meat...but it's our dinner too. I'll take one of those you got right there on the side! Yowza.

Thanks for the post.
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
    Thank you Sir..glad to hear the new facility is working out..will certainly give you a heads up as it nears later in the year..
    ·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    On Tuesday I did catfish and it was soooo gooooood! We are eating fish about twice a week and just about always have some kind of fish on Fridays. Friday Fish Fry's are really big here in Wisconsin, usually packs the restaurants all around and as you know there is a lot of freshwater fish here. And I like cooking fish using the egg and a big cast iron pan. Thought I'd share the Seasoned Fish Fry coating, it is very good and Dizzy Pig adds a nice extra touch. :woohoo:
    ·
    :laugh:
    Well it's a Norwegian thing to boil up a ton of fish, potatoes and onions all at once. The gasoline thrown on the flames to make the pot boil over, clearing off the foam, is all good showmanship for the tourists.:ohmy: :) Door County is a great place.

Yeah, I sure do like a good piece of fresh fish and pan fried is a classic.
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Looks Great Clay. I would love some Walleye and lots of pan fish. :P
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    If I remember correctly when I lived in Wisconsin we did not eat meat on Friday. We ate fish or liver. I ate fish. Now when I turned 16 years old we moved from Milwaukee to Muscoda 120 miles west on the Wisconsin river. For years I camped and fished and partied on the Wisconsin river. We caught lots of catfish some bigger or almost as big as a man. Lots of Walleye and other fish too. Another thing about Muscoda, Wisconsin is they are self proclaimed Morel mushroom capital of the world. I have lots of ken folk in both places. :)
    ·
  • TXTrikerTXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Sure makes one want to go out and buy fish. That is the only way it gets to my table. Looking good.
    ·
    I know the place! I kayaked there and at Boscobel. Beautiful country, you were lucky to be so close to fishing and wildlife.
    Thanks for the info! :cheer:
    ·
  • Looks delicious
    ·