Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

XL Legs

Options
XLentEGG
XLentEGG Posts: 436
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Was there supposed to be a set of "legs" with my XL? I didn't think much of it unti I saw these post with the pizza stone sitting on them.
More meat please !! :-)

Comments

• No Trash
    Options
    That is an optional plate setter and it make the pizza stone level with the lid for easy pizza removal. It is also used to do indirect cooking.
  • XLentEGG
    Options
    I mean the legs that are used to set the Egg on the ground. I see those used to hold the pizza stone up on top of the plate setter with the ps legs down.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    The feet don't come with the XL but talk to your dealer and he'll probably give you a set
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    The green feet [3] are not shipped with the XL. They are intended to be used to support the eggs on a paver in a table and the mothership feels that the xl is to heavy to be supported this way, so they do not include them.
    Many people use them for spacers to create an airspace between platesetter and pizza stone or drip pan. Your dealer can probably give you a set or sell them to you cheap :)
  • XLentEGG
    Options
    Thank You,I'll check it out next week.
  • Neil Gunn
    Options
    XLentEGG wrote:
    I mean the legs that are used to set the Egg on the ground. I see those used to hold the pizza stone up on top of the plate setter with the ps legs down.

Buy three or four 1/2" copper elbows to seperate the pizza stone from the plate setter, or just use wads of aluminum foil.