Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wicked Good score and a few other things

Options
2Fategghead
2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I hooked up with wile e coyote on 12 bags of Wicked Good lump. That's Bob on the left and me on the right. Thanks Bob ;)

000_2535.jpg

I was 15 miles from the Amish Market I frequent so I picked a few things up.

Sir Lance a Lot flour and and some real good dark brown sugar and a bag of tender quick and a box of Hi Mountain BBB cure.

000_2538.jpg

Comments

• XLentEGG
    XLentEGG Posts: 436
    Options
    So this is what i have to look foward to as the Egg obsession progresses, plenty of meat and LOTS of lump! :)
    More meat please !! :-)
  • wkygriller
    Options
    I hope Bob found the missing bags. I am cooking a nice butt today with the wicked good. The temp has not fluctuated once. The Amish stores around here are only open in the summer for vegetables and canned goods.
  • 2Fategghead
    Options
    Ha ha yep! :woohoo:

I'm now sitting on a little more than 314 pounds of lump. Now I can breath easy. :laugh:
  • 2Fategghead
    Options
    I'm sure your butt will come out great. :laugh:

The market by me has all kinds of spices and herbs and flour...all kinds of stuff. Dairy and meats as well as breads and all kinds of relishes...then all the summer produce. ;)
  • 2Fategghead
    Options
    About the lump. He didn't know last I spoke to him but. is confident they will show up. ;)
  • WileECoyote
    Options
    Good meeting you today Tim. Glad I was able to deliver your lump to save you a trip. We ran out of time in Bowling Green so will have to try the Amish Market another day. That rub you gave me was delicious. I sampled some raw while waiting on the Mrs. to come out from a store. Can't wait to cook with it.

2 of the 3 missing bags have been found. John W. had miscounted his load so they were not short any afterall. Only 1 bag missing at this time (Walt) which may still turn up as I am still waiting on a handful of others to recount their bags.

The Wicked Good stuff is just awesome, I think you will be amazed how much better it is. Especially if you rip open the bags and dump them into a clear storage bin for hand stacking as I do. This allows you to find the debris, rocks, and other scrap which are normally mixed in with the cheap brands, but never included with WGC.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
  • 2Fategghead
    Options
    Hey Bob, I'm glad you liked the rub. I use it a lot on chicken and pork. It was real nice meeting you and your wife. I know what you mean about leaving late from Bowling Green and traffic sometimes is heavy but we love it over there. I need to tell you about Whabah steak bar and grill. They have a glass cooler and you can pick the steak you want and they will grill it on a very large indoor charcoal grill. If you want you can grill your own steak.

http://www.whabah.com/
  • 2Fategghead
    Options
    Thanks Hoss but, believe it or not I ain't tried it yet. :blush:
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

Now that's what I call a good shopping day. I will be interested in hearing how the Wicked cooks.

side note.... package boxed and little something extra for Cindy and a little something extra for you. The package should go out Monday, I'll let you know.

Kent
  • 2Fategghead
    Options
    Thank you very much Kent. I am gearing up for a pork belly cure soon I hope. I was supposed to pick up a pork belly last Wednesday but Roy the butcher had to go on jury duty so I will try again this week. I can't wait to see how the Wicked Good cooks myself but, from all the hoopla and brew ha-ha I'm sure it's excellent. ;)
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

Some time I really want to try doing some pork belly, but with just he wife and myself I that is a big cook.