Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New gadget

SmokinJSmokinJ Posts: 220
edited 3:14PM in EggHead Forum
Here is my toy to make it easier for two level cooking. I love this system.
photo2.jpgphoto.jpg

Comments

• XLentEGGXLentEGG Posts: 205
    CI grid for my XL is next on the list. :)
    More meat please !! :-)
  • SmokinJSmokinJ Posts: 220
    Hope you all don't mind me posting, since its not the egg. I had an older egg and gave to my brother inlaw since I got a great deal on this new one. Someday I will be adding another new egg back in the mix.
    Grilldome or Black Pearl ??
    It's a grill dome. This grate is a rolled type steel and is supposed to cook like cast iron. I just love how I will be able to swing top out of my way to get to things below.
    Either way, that is a cool gadget!! :)
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,162
    I like it!!
    Large, Small, and a LOT of Eggcessories!  Southlake, TX
    Either way, that is a cool gadget!! :)
  • Sweet setup.
  • You should crank that heat way up and put a nice sized tri tip or something on there and see if you can get those words etched in haha
    Thats what I want to try. I will post pics when I try.
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    Now that's pretty kewl..
  • I thought that would be cool too to have it 'brand' the meat, then I realized it would probably be backwards. :unsure:

other than that, i do like simple easy things like that. looks like a winner!
  • Branded steaks, cool! :laugh:
    Maybe "Ceramic Grill Works" even spells something weird/cool backwards!
    Ok...my bad, I guess it doesn't... :blush:
  • EGCEGC Posts: 448
    Where'd ya get that? I love the look of it. How much weight can you put on the top shelf?
  • NC-CDNNC-CDN Posts: 703
    That's hot!
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,682
    Looks pretty cool, but you're gonna need a drip pan on the deck. :)

Everybody knows there’s three acceptable condiments for a hot dog; there’s mustard, onions and stagnant cart water! That’s IT!   ... Jon Stewart

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

Ceramic Grill Works 1-877-714-7455 ext 1 ask for Franco. He just released it yesterday and I happened to stop by for some rub so I couldn't pass that up.
    He will be adding this on his website soon.
    https://www.ceramicgrillworks.com/Home.php
    I posted below but wanted to make sure you saw it so here is the info again:

Ceramic Grill Works 1-877-714-7455 ext 1 ask for Franco. He just released it yesterday and I happened to stop by for some rub so I couldn't pass that up.

https://www.ceramicgrillworks.com/Home.php
  • Pretty cool lookin, I was there one day last week they told me they were releasing a new product that worked in both the egg and the grill dome so I guess that's it. I called and was told their website needs updated and it'll be on there mid week. A new toy to purchase.
  • That is awesome. Looks like the grid setup that came in my bubba keg grill, except the top level in yours is CI too. Very nice.

John - SLC, UT

Webers, Eggs, Bubba Keg, Smokin-It #3