Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hi from N TX

Options
jzcc
jzcc Posts: 123
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We got our egg the end of November on a whim. Walked into our local distributor to buy a $12 regulator for our gas grill and walked out with a large egg without knowing much about the BGE! After lurkin and learnin for a couple of months, thought it was high time that we introduced ourselves. And to tell y'all how very helpful (and so friendly) we have found this forum! Cary and I look forward to meeting some of you in Salado.

Jeri

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Jeri welcome to our cult :laugh: You will find some very nice people on the forum.
    See you in Salado.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    Jeri ,hopefully you will enjoy your Egg purchase and I know that the food will impress you.Have fun and take pics.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Where in North Texas?
  • BigDaddy - OCT
    Options
    Hi Jeri and welcome to the cult! Your life has forever changed...don't forget to take pictures of your egg activites (and non-egg activites).

If you can, try to make it up to the OKC eggfest...it's a big one!

Bruce
  • XLentEGG
    XLentEGG Posts: 436
    Options
    Hello !! and welcome.
    More meat please !! :-)
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    jzcc, Welcome to the forum. You are on the right track for sure. ;)
  • eenie meenie
    Options
    Jeri and Cary, welcome to the forum....just be careful when you meet those fellow Texans. :laugh: :laugh: :woohoo:

My Egg was also an 'impulse' buy and I've never regretted it one moment (well, maybe that time or two I've singed my eyebrows).
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Hi Jeri and Cary. That inpulse purchase in November is going to dramatically change your lives. You just became part of a very large and growing group of people who will do everything in their power to make sure you have fun cooking on your Egg.

As you post questions, answers and details of your cooks, hopefully with photos, you will begain to make on-line friends who share your enthusiasm.

When you start to attend Egghead Gatherings and Eggfests, you will meet some of those friends in person and make new ones while you are there. Salado will be a great place to start because there will be plenty of experienced Eggheads to watch, listen to and even help them cook something. All the while you will be tasting new recipes that you can cook when you return home with confidence that it will be delicious.

Looking forward to meeting you both.

See you in Salado.

Spring "Good Day To Cook A Brisket" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Options
    Welcome to the forum Jeri. You are really going to enjoy youself here.
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Rebecca be nice as you too will someday want to come to Texas.
    We do have Uglydog being let in on a temp visa to come to Salado :ohmy:
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Bigjohn
    Bigjohn Posts: 144
    Options
    Hello from one newbie to another in North Texas. Like you, I lurked on this forum for a while before getting involved. From what I've learned there are some great cooks here with good imaginations. Everone seems to be friends and are willing to share their knowledge. I'm embarrassed to show my cooks because of the beautiful presentations that are shown here. If everything works out I plan on going to Saledo to see this wild group of people.
  • Tweety
    Tweety Posts: 455
    Options
    Hey Johnny, we're right down the road from you in Mansfield! So glad to know we now have a fellow egghead close by.

Glad you're going to Salado Johnny. Jeri & Cary, please come too. Clay and I will be there and would love to meet you all. Our first eggfest was Oklahoma last year, and these guys welcomed us with open arms. Life hasn't been the same since. :whistle:
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Haaaaa... Wait 'til we send you the bill. Happiness doesn't come cheap. Otherwise it would be cheap happiness.

See you in Salado.

Spring "Happy Is As Happy Does" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Tweety
    Tweety Posts: 455
    Options
    Can't wait to see you either. We're starting to eggsperiment with our recipes for Salado today. Who knows what we'll come up with. Will post pictures later today or tomorrow of anything that turns out worth showing. And i will be sure to label the pics for you.

THanks for putting together a mini movie! You know this might turn into a career for you... B)
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Career!!! I'm retired. I do NOTHING! But sometimes I fill in the really boring hours with making videos and sawdust.

Spring "Taking A Photo Requires Coming Out Of Retirement" Chicken
  • jzcc
    Options
    Thanks, Mickey. As we don't know any other eggheads, we're looking forward to our initiation in Salado! From what I've seen already via the forum, this is a great cult to be in!
  • jzcc
    Options
    We are enjoying our new Egg, but not very good at it yet. We're very impressed by the expertise we've seen and hope to pick up some pointers in Salado.
  • jzcc
    Options
    We're in Plano, just down the road from you.
  • jzcc
    Options
    Hi Bruce, we'll start taking pics when we have something photo-worthy! When is the OKC fest?
  • jzcc
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome!
  • jzcc
    Options
    Thanks! When does this oval track turn into a straightaway?!
  • jzcc
    Options
    Rebecca, we'll be on the lookout for those outlaws!

No regrets thus far. We've been having fun even without great success. Food has been great even if not pretty, but we'll get the hang of it soon.
  • jzcc
    Options
    Thanks, Spring Chicken, for the warm welcome! The camaraderie on this forum is unbelievable! We're looking forward to meeting with the experts and coming home armed with new cooking skills to augment what I can do in the kitchen. We love good food and hope to replicate some of the recipes we've seen here. Now, if the weather will just cooperate soon!

See you in Salado.

Jeri
  • jzcc
    Options
    Hee Hee, we have been enjoying our surreptitious visits here since Nov. I'm sure it will only get better!
  • BigDaddy - OCT
    Options
    Hi Jeri,

The OKC eggfest is in Oklahoma City. This year the dates are April 15-16.

Here's a link and I sure hope you can make it!

http://www.okeggfest.com/

Bruce
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Jeri, were you at the Plano Outlaw Gathering in Plano?
  • jzcc
    Options
    Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the dates. No promises, but will pencil it in on the calendar. Sounds like a blast! We could certainly use some of those classes!

Jeri
  • jzcc
    Options
    Hi Steve,

No, we weren't at that event. Unfortunately, we had never even heard about the BGE prior to walking into Barbeques Galore on that fortuitous day in late Nov. Wish we could have been -- we would be a lot further along the learning curve by now! Do you know where this year's Gathering will be?

Jeri
  • TXTriker
    TXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Options
    Welcome Texan!
  • jzcc
    Options
    Thanks a bunch, Ray. We're having some kind of fun!

Jeri