Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ping...Judy Chicken!! The Egg Dish you asked for!

Options
Chubby
Chubby Posts: 2,955
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Judy...here's what Ann sent to one of the folks we served at my Cousin's B&B over in Indiana last fall!

Elaine,
It was so nice to chat with you this evening. As promised I am including the baked egg recipe that I made. I usually make this recipe in a small casserole dish for my hubby with 2 eggs. I just expanded the recipe for a larger dish and more eggs to serve a brunch crowd. Just double or triple the amounts for the quantity you wish to serve and watch the eggs cooking as you may need extra time.

In a small casserole dish add 1-2 tsp. butter and enough cream to cover the bottom of the dish (approx. 1/8-1/4 cup). I usually go a bit heavy on the cream. Put in a 350 degree oven until the cream is bubbly and the butter has melted. While this is in the oven, crack 2 eggs into a cup so you can add them to the cream mixture without breaking the yolks. Combine 1/4 tsp. of thyme, rosemary and fresh chopped garlic (I add more), and 1 TB parsley. If you like tarragon, add some to the mix. Remove the bubbling cream mixture from oven and pour the eggs over the cream. Top with herb mixture and salt and pepper to taste. Add 2 TB of shredded Parmesan cheese to cover the egg mixture. Bake in 350 degree oven for approx. 10 minutes until the whites are set. The eggs will continue to cook when you remove them from the oven. Serve with your favorite buttered toast. If you like spinach, this is a great recipe to add a few tablespoons of spinach that has been sauteed w/garlic. Just add it to the cream mixture before you put the eggs on top.
I hope you enjoy making these for John as much as I did for you. This is one of Evans' favorite breakfast dishes.

Ann

2317793b.jpg
I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!

Comments

• bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    Looks yummie. I'll give it a go tomorrow.
    I also recently made your huevos diablos. Also very good. Thanks for posting.
  • vohsmk
    vohsmk Posts: 40
    Options
    Wow these look yummy! Are the yolks solid after you cook them or runny? Have you tried adding sauted mushroom along with the spinach? How about posting that other egg recipe you have.
  • Chubby
    Options
    Yes...I'm sure you could add sauteed shroomies to the Mixture.

I can do without the spinach... :whistle: ..,
    but Ann likes it once in a while...and it's not so much that I can;t take it...lol!!

Either way...It's a great BreakFast/Brunch dish!!

Like Ann was saying...we normally make then as "induviduals"...in seperate dishes...(like the Heuveos Doiablos) with a couple eggs each so to each their own!!

As far as the eggs..,(yokes) being hard...?

You just have to watch your time very closely the fiorst couple times you do the dish so you can gauge it the way you like them.
    I like the yokes still soft, (almost like soft boiled eggs), so you have to factor in they'll have some cook thru after you take them out and let it cool just a bit on the counter.

Your last question was about "another Egg dish"?

I'm not sure what one you mean...tell me more.

Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Chubby
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed them!!

;)
  • SmokinGuitarPlayer
    Options
    I want some.
    Fred A. Bernardo , owner of Tasty Licks BBQ Supply in Shillington, Pa. 
  • MemphisQue
    Options
    That looks great. Sure to add a few lbs I bet.
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Allright,Chubby, you da man! Thank you so much for getting this recipe for me. It is fantastic!
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Chubby
    Options
    ;)
  • bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    Here is Chubby's Huevos Diablo 'recipe'.

Heuvos Diablos

Posted by: Chubby on 2011/01/21 18:18:47

In Reply to: Re:"Heuvos Diablos"! posted by BobS on 2011/01/21 17:50:23
    I dont have a recipe as such, but usually it resembles this...

Saute' some thinly sliced onion in olive oil until you see some color.(but not too soft)

Add as much diced Smoked Spanish Chorizo as you desire and continue to cook.., as the color and fat render out.(like bacon lardons for example)

Add a couple cloves of garlic and continue to saute'.

Drain a 28 oz can of good quality diced tomatoes...stir to combine and reduce heat to simmer, till the sauce is as thick as a heavy spahgetti sauce.

(Depending on your taste preferences, and the spiceness of the Chorizo)... add as much chili or red pepper flake as desired. We like it spicy!

Divide between two large bowls...(See post above) spoon in, and leave a well in the center.

Crack 2 eggs carefully in each well.

Cover with your choice of grated cheese...(We use Manchego) and cook 8-11 minutes, (@375) watching to see that the eggs are done to your liking.

Remember...the eggs wiii continue to cook, (carry over) when you remove so keep an eye on them till you figure out your prefered time!

Once again...many ways you could very this per your preferences!

Good luck!

Evans