Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PIZZA TODAY ! W/ SECRET TOPPING

SmokinGuitarPlayer
SmokinGuitarPlayer Posts: 698
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ok.... continuing on the pizza dough testing .
Pie # 1 was the dough with the EVOO in it. (notice marking with little bits of parsley on the dough) Cheese on bottom .....unfortunately somebody (the sgp) got carried away with the tomatoes completely smothering the cheesy goodness ... secret topping is on 1/2 of the pie.

Pie # 2 - no oil in dough... Cheese on top as is more traditional and everybody liked this one better and yes, the secret topping is on half of it.

Please notice Pie # 1 has more char and browning ... that's due to the oil and confirms what is supposed to happen. Also that doughball was smoother and easier to shape.

The secret topping is disclosed on my regular post on my store's forum but you can guess if you like. I should have had a contest ..anyway ..enjoy ... each day I will be making 2 pies ... showing how the dough ages ...it was way different tasting to day than yesterday ... 4 more doughballs of each type left

FB/SGP

file.php?id=232

file.php?id=231

file.php?id=230

file.php?id=229

file.php?id=228
Fred A. Bernardo , owner of Tasty Licks BBQ Supply in Shillington, Pa. 

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Thanks Fred!
    You're killing me with all those good looking 'zas! :ohmy:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Artichokes? Nice looking pies SGP.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Thank you but artichokes is not even close. I'll give you a hint ...the secret ingredient starts with a "P" ...but in Italian.

FB/SGP ;)
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Shrooms?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • good try but in Eye-Talian, "shrooms" are "funghi" ....this starts with a "P" (in Italian and also in Spanish).
  • chocdoc
    chocdoc Posts: 461
    How about pepperonata?
  • Well at least that starts with the correct letter but if you look at the pies ..does it really look like prosciutto ? Sorry ... try again ...

hint, it does NOT start with a "P" in "American / English".

FB/SGP
  • nope...another good guess .. pancetta (pronounced pan-chetta ... salt cured, un-smoked bacon)) but that's not what it is ... really ..I guess it could look sort of like chopped up pancetta but sorry its not. Frankly, pancetta or prosciutto would have been a lot better ;)

FB/SGP
  • hmmm... well it really doesn't look like pepperonata (roasted peppers in oil etc) does it? Good try but not what it is ...also see hint # 2 it starts with an "O" in English ;)

FB/SGP
  • chocdoc
    chocdoc Posts: 461
    SmokinGuitarPlayer wrote:
    hmmm... well it really doesn't look like pepperonata (roasted peppers in oil etc) does it? Good try but not what it is ...also see hint # 2 it starts with an "O" in English ;)

FB/SGP

That bit over the bubble on the second za kinda did.

I'll drop out now as I just went over to your forum and found the correct answer - never would have come up with that one!
  • Sorry Pancetta allready guessed and that's not it... hint # 2 says that in English, it starts with an "O" (oh)
    FB/SGP
  • OK..thanks for not disclosing ... you are right ..near the bubble could be something but it's the pink bits of stuff on there ..... this is sort of fun... I should have made a contest out of it.
    FB/SGP
  • I hope it's not those slimy things with big eyes and lots of legs and tentacles! (I hate seafood.) I can't even say the word, but it starts with "o..." and ends with "...pus."

Judy in San Diego...but I do like prawns
    Judy in San Diego
  • I think u are right Judy!
  • BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    SmokinGuitarPlayer wrote:
    Thank you but artichokes is not even close. I'll give you a hint ...the secret ingredient starts with a "P" ...but in Italian.

FB/SGP ;)

It starts with P in Spanish too, but your already said that.
  • If you mean Octopus, you got it! Polpe in Eye-talian ... so the name of the "dish" should be "Pizze con Pulpe" ... Pizza's with Octopus.

By they way, it wasn't a big hit.

FB/SGP
  • BigA
    BigA Posts: 1,157
    My goodness man, your pies are always great, i need your help!! :)