Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Egg is waiting for me at the dealer!

Eggecutioner
Eggecutioner Posts: 628
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I got a dealer to call me! Great news they just got a shipment in, meaning my BGE is HERE!!!! I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight knowing that my first born/hatched is waiting for me 50 miles away!!! However tomorrow is another day! A Great big GREEN Day!!! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!

Comments

• eggecutioner,
    What's the first thing you are going to make?

• Eggsellent,[p]I don't know. I can't stop shaking I'm so giddy!!! I read yesterday that the first thing you are supposed to make is a table. But, I am thinking I might want to do one of those rip roaring seared 2" thick fatty marbled american grown steaks. [p]WOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i'm getting an egg. i'm getting an egg. i'm getting an egg. i'm getting an egg. i'm getting an egg. Wooo Hooooo!!!!
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    eggecutioner,[p]From this day forward your world will forever change.
    The rest of the world, even some of your family, will think you're nuts but you'll be better for it and a better cook 'cause of this forum..... welcome egger![p]John[p][p]

• Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    eggecutioner,[p]It's pretty hard to screw up a steak - provided you start with a good quality piece of meat to begin with. IMO, they're even simpler than a hamburger. Took me quite awhile to get the *perfect* burger. Turns out even THOSE had a lot to do with the meat. Oh yeah, and deciding to break down and try some Dizzy Pig Cowlick on a burger.
  • Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    eggecutioner, Huge. You have no idea how huge this is.
    Have fun. Get to know your butcher.
    Scott

• Pakak,[p]Ohhh... Your right!!! Forgot the Dizzy Pig rubs and Guru and new thermometers, wiggle rods (LOL), plate setter, pizza stones Oh My!!!!
  • BobinFla
    BobinFla Posts: 363
    eggecutioner,[p]You are planning on calling in sick at work aren't you?
    ;-)[p]BOB

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    eggecutioner,[p]You sound so happy, this may be the best weekend you've had in a long time. Glad you got one. Lets us all know what you cooked.[p]CWM
  • Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    bobinfla, Hah! He might as well. He'll be worthless at work.

• bobinfla,[p]I think I'm done for the week. I've got lump to sort, or I will have anyway! I've got rubs to order, meals to plan. I have to learn how to light it!!
    Ya. I'm spent already!

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    eggecutioner,
    Welcome and congratulations. A whole new world awaits you. Here are a couple of very useful links for you in case you don't have them. Please be sure to read about the flashback,it's a safety issue for all egger's. One you will have to cut and paste.
    The Naked Whiz Website:
    http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm[p]Cheers & Beers,
    New Bob
    aka Old Bordello Bob

• Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    Eggecutioner,[p]Welcome aboard, man. If there's anything I can do, just let me know. [p]And those other folks were right. Your life's never gonna be the same. [p]Oh, and make sure your digital camera is ready and you're done taking pictures of the family. All we wanna see is the food!!![p](just kidding. We'll be glad to look at pictures of your family WITH food).
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    eggecutioner,[p]Congratulations and welcome to the family! Your life will forever be changed and you'll find so many things taste better on the egg than you ever thought possible...[p]Tonia
    :~)

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    eggecutioner, as others have said Welcome to a whole new world of cooking. Some outsiders call us a cult - and we ARE...just remember that even friends will ask "You paid HOW MUCH?"
    Someone will be over shortly to teach you the secret hand shake...8^)[p]

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RRP,
    Is the proper answer... "The chair is against the wall, the chair is against the wall..."?

• Mark Backer,[p]I will not appologize about my family photo! DO you think it makes my butt look big? LOL. However, I will appologize for never haven taken pics of my food, the idea just never came to me! Just to let you know I started a few days ago... Taking pics on my "other" grilling and food! I must be of weak mind...cause I'm all IN, in this cult.[p]Joe
  • RRP
    No, grasshopper, the soulful meaning and power of BGE ownership is a weight only the strong can bear...LOL - Trust me...it will get in your blood as it has for us -only two of us and we own a small, medium and a large - not bragging - just letting you know you better brace yourself...you'll find friends/neighbors you never even knew you had!!!

• RRP,[p]I have been himmin and hawin (sp?) about this for so long, everybody I know, knows about my grill. And alot of people I don't know, now know. Am I sounding brain washed yet? [p]Let me ask a question if I may. [p]What the dealer has told me is that my BGE comes with wings. I assume thats because thats the way he optioned my rig. I will build a table for mine. [p]Are the wings removable? Or will I have to replace something?[p]
  • Mark Backer
    eggecutioner,[p]Wings are removable and if you decide later you want them, you can put them back on.[p]Welcome grasshopper. You have learned much...but you have much to learn.[p](i just love quoting Kung Fu).[p]
  • RRP
    eggecutioner,
    "with wings" tells us you also bought the "nest" meaning your BGE will be in a metal frame with wheels - with fold out little wings or "table-lettes" - hang on to it and you can sell it when you build your table/cart.

• BobinFla
    Borders,[p]LOL, His idea is even better. Take the rest of the week off.
  • BobinFla
    eggecutioner,[p]Probably the best idea since as Borders says, you'll be worthless at work anyway. What do you have? The Wdenesday thru Sunday Flu?
  • RRP
    a SUPER - not supper hint for you - and PLEASE remember this one...while your BGE is in a nest just always PULL it- NEVER push it - When pulling it when the wheels hit an obstruction the BGE will fall toward you vs away from you so you'll have a chance to catch it. A BGE in a nest is top heavy and a broken BGE is not a pretty sight, let alone something covered by the FIRST OWNER warranty.
  • Ron,[p]Pusing and not pulling is waht allowed me to get my first egg. A friend had the egg in a nest and his brother in law pushed, not pulled the egg. Beginning to roll out of control on the driveway, the hot egg tumbled and the dome, like humpty, could not be repaired.[p]After asking my friend about the 'new gas grill' on the pool deck, he mentioned the egg was in the garage. My cost was getting the darn thing out of his wifes parking spot.[p]A quick call to BA in Atlanta had a replacement dome and other goodies on its way. The rest is grilling bliss... except for that darn Rutland Gasket that, for some reason, will not install itself. someday!!?![p]Banker John
  • BobinFla,[p]That is horible! To think I would take time off from Wed to Sun for some make believe Illness![p] You know you must also take off Monday to make is seem believable!!! LOL[p]Joe

• RRP,[p]I told the dealer I wanted no nest, and his reply was "OK, 1 large egg...No Nest...with wings." Like he was writing it down. So I ass/u/me d that I had to get the wings. Are the wings really attached to the nest? Now I'm getting confused. My plan was to precarioulsy perch the BGE on a pile of marbles and ball bearings, on top of the sheet if ice/snow that is currently covering my sloping deck. LOL! Really, I wanted to set it on a patio stone, on the deck, until I can get a table made. Will that be OK?
  • ChrisC
    ChrisC Posts: 107
    eggecutioner,
    The "wings" are the wood side tables that ARE attached to the metal hinged band that holds your two egg parts together. It comes as an option - sometimes the dealers package them with the egg but your dealer should give you a credit towards eggcessories if you don't want them.[p]You will not need these with a table.[p]Good Luck.[p]-Chris

• Mark Backer
    eggecutioner,[p]While I only miss a day a year (or less) for sick time, I've always said that if you're gonna do it, always take both sides of the weekend, or else do the wed-sun deal. Just taking a friday off "sick" makes you look bad, and monday sick days are worse. Folks think you can't hold your nfl or nascar liquor. [p](it used to be nascar beer, but not any longer).[p]OT OT OT OT OT [p]Anyway, how many races have you been to anyway?
  • Mark Backer,[p]Did I miss that in the rule book? Do you have to be a race fan? Well I've only been to one race. Talladega, Last fall.[p]Am I gonna get kicked out of the cult now?[p]LOL Joe