Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help Short beef rib

Reeltachy
Reeltachy Posts: 54
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have some beef short ribs that I have marinated over night. I
Looks like most people dp them low and slow. Unfortunately, I dont have the time and the issues wants some dinner. Any suggestions?

Comments

•  
    If you don't have time for low and slow, then turn up the heat and cook them faster.

For me there is nothing worse then beef ribs cooked 'dry'. For a faster cook, I would cook them at 350° until the meat is tender anything from medium rare to medium. They will turn out juicy, tender and fantastic taste. Use a fork or tooth pick to check the tenderness and when they are done.

Dino bones are great.
    beefrib3done.jpg

When you are doing this cook don't be afraid to take a taste to see if it is to your liking.

beefrib2.jpg

GG
  • XLentEGG
    XLentEGG Posts: 436
    Feed them something else now and go low and slow. They will thank you for it later. ;)
    More meat please !! :-)
  • I agree ... cook them faster and they should be great as long as you don't overcook them. I've also done the foil thing when I was in a big hurry and still got great. FB/SGP
    Fred A. Bernardo , owner of Tasty Licks BBQ Supply in Shillington, Pa. 
  • Thanks, I will post after dinner and tell you how they were.
  • They came out great. Cooked them @350 for about 40 min. They were med rare and very juicy. One day I will figure out how to download pics. Thx
  •  
    Glad to hear they turned out great. A lot of food can be cooked hot and fast and still come out good with minimal difference. A while back I cooked a 8# Boston Butt at 400° in 6.5 hours. Turned out great.

egghfham2.jpg

Whole chicken 500°, just as good as a 350° chicken.

A 500° bird.
    chick500.jpg

chickspud3.jpg

The majority of the time with pork and beef I cook low and slow.

With chicken it doesn't seem to matter if it is cooked anywhere from 350° to 500°. I love chicken cooked at 250° until the bird is about 190° to 200°.

I cook high in the dome with extreme distance between the bird and lump bed - 16.5" (thanks to some ideas given by thirdeye).

chicken1.jpg

GG