Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pecan wood sources wanted

GJGJ Posts: 45
edited 6:51AM in EggHead Forum
Jim in Belleville mentioned he used pecan wood. I would love to get some but I have not seen any around here in London, Ontario. Are there any Canadian sources or does everyone get it from US suppliers. I don't understand it but I don't see any pecan trees grwoing around here. Can't they handle the -20 deg...deal with it...ha ha.

Comments

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,399
    GJ,
    I get mine at the local BBQ Galore. They have a website, but I don't know the url. Probably bbqgalore.com or bbqsgalore.com. Maybe they sell it online. ST uses peopleswood.com.
    Pecan sure is worth having.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • AbqEgg'rAbqEgg'r Posts: 91
    Nature Boy,
    Here's the link for BBQ's Galore: http://www.bbqgalore-online.com/sitemap.asp[p]TR

• AbqEgg'rAbqEgg'r Posts: 91
    AbqEgg'r,
    Did a little more research: For all types of wood look under "Smoker accessories". They list mesquite lump charcoal for $4.79 per bag, but don't say what size.[p]TR