Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jim Nufer

YB
YB Posts: 3,861
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Subject: Jim Nufer

For those who may not already know, Jim is no longer with BGE. I’ve known him since 1999 when my family went to our first Eggtoberfest. BGE & Jim were synonymous to me, as it was to the vast majority of anyone gracing the doors of the BGE company. His outstanding leadership and hard work, I believe, brought the company to the level to which it enjoys today. At the 1999 fest, there were 12 to 15 eggs; last year, there was over 300, thanks in no small way to Jim. I, for one, will greatly miss his expertise and his vast knowledge of everything and anything about the Egg. Over the years, he became a very close personal friend to me. I never saw him when he wasn’t smiling and he always made us feel so welcome. Godspeed to Jim and best wishes & much success to him in his future endeavors.

Larry

Comments

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Jim is the reason why I came to Big Green Egg. He is one of the best people I know and he will be sorely missed throughout the industry. I am fortunate to be able to call him a friend.

Jim was always a "behind the scenes" kind of guy but his presence was felt for years in the EGGtoberfest goody bags and in there always being enough EGGs® out for everyone to cook on.

It's just not the same walking past his office and not seeing "THE picture". :)
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Jim is one of the finest people I have been involved with in my 50 years, and has not only been a huge help to me and our business, but he's been an inspiration to so many. I am sure he is already missed at The Egg, and I wish him all the best with where the next road takes him. Spoke with him the other day, and he's enjoying relaxing right now.

Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • That's terrible news.

I've spoken with Jim a few times, including at the last two eggfests in Oswego, IL. He is friendly and kind, knowledgeable about his craft, and represented the company well. His presence will be greatly missed. Combined so unfortunately with the recent passing of his father, I'm certain this is a very tough time for Jim. I hope the support and well-wishes of the eggheads will be of some comfort.

He will be missed.
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    I couldn't agree more, I seriously believe BGE would not be where it is today were it not for Jim being who he is. It is sad news indeed and I truly hope this was Jim's decision alone. Jim, the door's always open and the phone is always free, you are welcome anytime my friend. I'm sure you feel at least some relief from all the stress that the job put on you, Our best to you and your family, and Thanks for being Jim for all those years.

Wess & Sally
  • YB
    I agree Bobby...Jim is a first class act.
    Larry
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    I was fortunate to meet with Jim and got to shake his hand on several occasions. Diana Q and I wish him all the best in his future endeavors. Thanks Jim for your leadership in business and your sincere interests in eggheads. It has been a pleasure and an honor that I got to cook with you and your family.
    Cheers! :cheer:
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    What sad news to start the day. I had the pleasure of meeting and talking with Jim twice at his sister's eggfest in Oswego. Coupled with some rumors I have heard coming out of Atlanta it sounds like increasing profit and damn the loyal egghead base is the new management philosophy. Ed Fisher - why did you allow this new group to throw your baby under the bus?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Jim will be missed for sure, I too was shocked when I heard he was no longer with BGE. Here is a shot from his sister's house a couple years ago. -RP

P1020742Small.jpg
  • YB
    Nice picture Randy...Here is one of me,Jim and my brother George at eggtoberfest.I think you and Kim was at this one.We have been to the last 11 eggtoberfest but I don't think we will be back.

Larry

jwOctober08006.jpg
  • he is definitely one of the "good guys"....i wish him only the best in everything he does!!!
  • It is very sad indeed. This company was Jim's baby and for 20 years he raised it - from a single little store in a strip mall. It was his life and you all were part of his extended family. It was very difficult to lose his baby and his father at the same time. As so many of you have said, Jim is a great man. I am proud to call him my brother.
  • Hard for me to imagine ANY scenario where the company will be better off or even as-good without Jim's involvement.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Larry, To me this is sad news. I don't believe I have met the man so to speak but, I'm sure I have felt his presents.

I'm am sadden to hear of his fathers passing. I offer prayers and well wishes.

I also, wish him well in what ever he wants to do.

Blessings to him and his family. :)
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Ran into him a couple times in Atlanta. Great guy. I wish the best for him.
  • Wow, it sound's like Jim is truly a one-in-a- million kind of guy. Never having met or talked with him, I will believe what I read here.
    Curious, what was his title?

It seems to me, that rather then raising prices, and "cleaning house", if, that is what happened, (I wouldn't know) the mothership would be better served to just plain advertise, like almost ALL other companies do.
    It still kind of blows my mind that I've never once seen an advertisement, anywhere, ever.
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Wow...this hard news. For many of us, Jim has always been the face of BGE... and what a great fella to be the front man for a business... always smiling, kind, generous, so much fun to be around and a great listener taboot! Can't imagine him not being there.

JimNuferTheJack2004077.jpg

Jim, I wish you well buddy and hope to sit around the fire with you sometime this season.

john
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    The Picture. :~) @ The Jack 2005

Oct202005031.jpg

john
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    They do TV, magazines, and newspaper ads periodically in the metro Atlanta area.
  • But he's still an Egghead.

Spring "Some Things Just Don't Go Away Forever" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Behind the scenes but right there with us.

BGEEggwegoFest2009004-1.jpg
  • BGE Vice-President & General Manager.
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    To me that would be the only place you really wouldn't have to advertise. :S

I have seen some 'outdoors' show with the egg talked about and used on the show. and lets not forget about the bass pro boat.

Regarding people 'in the know' about the egg, I'm around 20% of those I run across have heard of it. :pinch:
  • RRP
    here's just a shameless refresh! All of us older - loyal eggers need to know what is happening.
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    One of my all time favorite pictures....Brenda, Jodi & Jim..

Brenda,%20Jodi,%20&%20Jim.JPG
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,022
    More Egghead history, thanks for the heads up @Carolina Q
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    It's evident that Jim Nufer was well liked and respected by the BGE community. What is he doing now?
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Looks like he's with Primo. 
    https://www.facebook.com/jim.nufer

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• RRP
    Looks like he's with Primo. 
    https://www.facebook.com/jim.nufer
    For those who don't know this - PRIMO was the company which George started when he left BGE. At the time George was Ed Fisher's right hand. Furthermore Primo was practically a dead ringer for BGE even choosing green for its color for a period until switching to its now black color.

Thanks, Michael I did not know that Jim and George are teamed together again.