Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Great Rub

MemphisQueMemphisQue Posts: 610
edited 3:10AM in EggHead Forum
I have been using a great new rub for the past 4 or 5 months that I wanted to pass along to anyone interested. It's called Smackers BBQ seasoning. I met the guy at an outdoor show last fall. Their website is www.smackersbbq.com I have become a big fan and put it on everything from ribs to turkey to chicken. Has anyone besides me tried it?
·

Comments

• I ordered some. Looks good to me. Thanks for the link.
    ·
  • Hope you like it as much as I do. I am always in search of rubs/seasonings. I have an entire cabinet filled with them. Some good, some not so good but I have really liked the smackers rub. Just put it on some pork chops last night on the egg that were fantastic.
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,861
    I find when I get a rub/seasoning I am not happy with-usually too much salt for me- I mix them all together and make a salt based seasoning that is good for brining and popcorn.
    ·
  • I agree. Some have too much salt. Another reason I liked this one is it had just the right blend of sugars/sweetness with a little spice/tang. It is definitely not overly salty. More of an authentic Memphis Style dry rub.
    ·