Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What did you want to see?

Buckethead
Buckethead Posts: 285
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have read many unhappy viewers tuned into last evenings football game. Many witnessed Christina make a mistake while singing and is now banished from your Christmas card list. The BEP's, well let's just say your grandchildren love'em. Why not bash FOX for interjecting politics into this sacred event, or John Madden texting while sitting with GW. Just think'n why do a fly over at an enclosed stadium? Further more why do we have blimps at an indoor event?
But DID YOU SEE, they read the Delclaration of Independence? That they recognised Madieu Williams and Savatore Giunta.... (OBTW NFL man of the year, and he was visiting troups and couldn't be there, and the first surviving Medal of Honor recepient since Viet nam.) What did you tune in to watch? You don't have to answer, you already did!
Just my observation.

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    well said.

some folks only watch football once a year, and need to maximize their complaining time :laugh:
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  •  
    Tweeve is that you?!?! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just my observation. ;)

• CBBQ
    CBBQ Posts: 610
    I cooked good food, drank good beer and enjoyed the hell out of the game. Quite honestly, if the worst thing that happens to me on any given day is that Christina flubbed a line of the Anthem then I'm doing just fine. I am a HUGE music fan and have nothing against the BEP's but anyone, especially SB execs that didn't see that trainwreck coming from the day it was announced, well................
    And when I went to a Super Bowl in New Orleans the sound of the flyover that was heard inside the dome was great. I've got no complaints about any of it.
  • NC-CDN
    NC-CDN Posts: 703
    I had no problem with the fly over. It was great. Most people don't see it anyways as it's pretty quick. LOL. Besides this is Americana. It's the Superbowl. You have to have it. The people outside saw it and so did the TV audience, which is the most important thing!

I loved the game and the outcome. The commercials were pretty poor IMO. There were a couple good ones, but most seemed like they threw millions away for fun as their commercials sucked.

Christina was pretty bad. Trying to interject too much style into the anthem. Just sing it. I'm not American, but think that a National anthem should be sang as is. Get the words right. Really didn't care though. The BEP were crap. I liked seeing Slash, but when that girl started singing it was a train wreck. I left the room.

I cooked some awesome ribs. Wife loved them too. Threw on some chicken thighs to go with them and they were good. IT was a fun day. Really nice here in NC too.
  • PattyO
    PattyO Posts: 883
    The hosting network always has an interview with the President before the game. This year it was FOX with O'Reilly and Obama. It's a coup for the networks.