Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beer can turkey for Superbowl

Options
Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So I attempted my first beer can turkey ever on the egg for that sporting event that happened yesterday. Kept it pretty simple. Injected it with Tony Cachere's Creole Butter and then rubbed it with Tony's. Set it on a throne of Fosters and put it on the egg at 350 indirect with cherry wood for smoke. I was figuring it would take about 15min a pound so my 16lb bird would be done in 4hours. I was wrong. Took 3 hours. Oh well. Wrapped it up in foil, placed it in a cooler with some towels and made the long trek of about 4 blocks to my buddies house.

here we are about to start cooking
IMG00149-20110206-0959.jpg

Almost done
IMG00150-20110206-1225.jpg

And served up at my buddies house.
IMG00151-20110206-1747.jpg

Sorry for the crappy phone pics, but the battery in the camera was dead. Everybody raved about how great the turkey was, saying it had great flavor and was so moist and juicy. I even had a guy tell me that he hated turkey but that he really liked mine. So I guess it was a success. I was a happy man.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments