Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First ribs...success

Options
nysportsfan
nysportsfan Posts: 241
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My first attempt at a low and slow baby back ribs, I started the cook at about 11am, after stabilizing the temp right at 250*. It was pretty easy, actually, just get the fire lit, close it up, and slightly open the vents until it stabilizes. Adjust a bit at a time, if necessary. There was a bit of fluctuation when the meat went on, but otherwise, fairly straightforward. Decided against the Maverick thermometer, and I was fine. Small steps, but they bolster my confidence, ha.

Anyway, two pics. The first is before I foiled, still haven't pulled back from the bone all that much, but were getting there.

img20110206134414.jpg

The second is just a shot before they come off and out of the foil.

img20110206150707.jpg

Really came out great, sweet with a bit of heat. Sad part is, I won't eat any but the one I had as I am off to a SB party. I had one and pops had one, and we are hooked. Plenty of room for improvement, but holy shnikes, this was a homerun :woohoo:

ETA: I used Gator Bait's recipe, thanks for the tutorial!

Comments