Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Too much Dough (Pizza that is!) Help!?!

Options
Fornia
Fornia Posts: 451
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I know there is a ton on here regarding dough, storing, freezing, etc.

However, my problem is a little different.

Made quite a few batches of pizza dough tonight, using Caputo "00" for the first time. I ended up with 18 balls, and plan to use some tomorrow...and freeze the rest.

For the ones I'm going to freeze, I was going to let in the fridge overnight, and then freeze tomorrow.

My problem now is....I ran outta room in the fridge(s) for all of the dough balls.

My garage is around 45 degrees, and I was wondering if I'll be 'safe' keeping them in sealed containers in the garage overnight?

Any and all heplp greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    they'll be fine.

water, flour, yeast, and salt don't need to be refrigerated separately, so why would they need to be once you mix them?

45 is cold enough the yeast won't do much in the way of rising.
  • Fornia
    Fornia Posts: 451
    Options
    Thanks Fidel!

My first attempt at making dough from scratch, so I'm already over-worried.

What you're saying makes sense to me.

Am I correct in the statement that, "I basically DONT want it to rise, or at least rise quicker than by 4-5pm 2moro (when I hope to sue them)?

My plan was to remove the ones I'm making about 3 hours before making them. At least I read this soemwhere. B)