Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

to cold to drink a cold beer outside

tjvtjv Posts: 3,277
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
so opened a bottle of wine and started on the chicken sausage gumbo.......it may not look like much but that's 1.5 gallons of liquid in that there pan......

DSC_0034.jpg
www.ceramicgrillstore.com
ACGP, Inc.
·

Comments

• 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Looks good from my house. :P
    ·
  • Never had Gumbo before. Looks mighty yummy!!
    ·
  • JCinNVJCinNV Posts: 141
    looking good, wife is not a fan of sausage gumbo,but makes a killer shrimp and chicken gumbo, she cheats tough uses Tony Cachere's instant roux, has made roux from scratch be fore can't tell a lot of difference, :)
    ·
  • Have some Coors Lights out on the deck from a little party we had over the weekend, cracked one open earlier. Boy were they cold, and good!!
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    NICE pan! ;)The gumbo is lookin good too.Can't ya drink beer inside??? :huh:
    ·
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,277
    sure I could dring a beer, but that would require me to step into the cold garage, beer fridge there......grape stuff already in the house...just conserving energy.......t
    ACGP, Inc.
    ·
    I wanted to make shrimp gumbo but the grocery store seafood counter was bare, guess no trucks cause of the weather.....plenty of chicken and sausage though......I use a premade roux, Dougets Roux out of beaumont.....good stuff.
    ACGP, Inc.
    ·
    you need to give it a try, check your local grocery for the Roux, after that real simple: pick your main meat/seafoood, then the trinity - celery, onion, bell pepper. best tip I've have is use low sodium chicken broth for liquid and maybe a little crushed garlic.

Emeril has a good recipe on the food network website, but most recipes are the same, just google gumbo recipes and you'll be swamped.

Are you a Bascom Hill Badger? t
    ACGP, Inc.
    ·
    thanks, if you were my neighbor, I'd be knocking on your door with some tomorrow........gumbo is best couple days after making it.......
    ACGP, Inc.
    ·
    ;) Gotcha! I keep mine in a cooler in the kitchen and another cooler on the patio.It's a lot easier since I got an ice machine.I'm guessin ya'll don't need ice machines rite now! :( :blink:
    ·
    with that beer, you could truly be one of them ballpark......cold beer, get your cold beer......guys.

Pass down two cold ones please and have you seen the peanut guy.........LOL

t
    ACGP, Inc.
    ·
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    That looks very tasty!! My Syrah says it would go perfectly!

Stay Warm

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
    ·
    I'll let you know in the morning on needing an ice machine for keeping beer cold......depends on how my head feels afer drinking all this wine.......
    ACGP, Inc.
    ·
    You're drinkin wine and I'm drinkin SHINE! :laugh: I'll bet we both need a BC or 3 to get goin! ;)
    ·
    thanks, gumbo is best after a couple days in the fridge.....maybe pregame super bowl.

The wine I'm drinking is a 2005 Peter Lehmann shiraz, product of Australia. I'm guessing I got it at Sams Club. Kinda tuff for a Lite beer drinker to spend more than 15 bucks for one bottle of wine.....$15 is a 12 pack of cold ones........
    ACGP, Inc.
    ·
    I'm two corks in and tomorrow morning ain't looking good.
    ACGP, Inc.
    ·
    I'm 3 fingers down and the room is goin round!!! :laugh: ;)
    ·
  • Thanks for the reminder I think I might have a 1/2 gallon or more in the back freezer. Might have to thaw that out and give it a reheat.

Hope business is doing well. Thanks for all you do.
    ·
    oh man, it's better on the reheat......
    ACGP, Inc.
    ·
  • tjv wrote:
    you need to give it a try, check your local grocery for the Roux,............. Are you a Bascom Hill Badger? t

Why would anyone buy roux? It's just flour and butter/oil.....

I'm a BIG Badger!!
    ·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Tom,

Too cold to drink beer outside? :huh: :ohmy: must have been awful cold.
    ·
  • Check out http://www.gumbopages.com/ for recipes. Taggart is the man.
    ·
  • I think a cold beer inside and gumbo is a good compromise.
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Dern. :( I have a feeling I would love to be your neighbor. ;)
    ·
  • NC-CDNNC-CDN Posts: 703
    That looks good, but I take offense to your thread title. IT's never too cold. Even when your breath freezes. Just as the Canadians on the board. LOL. Man that looks tasty.
    ·
  • excuses, excuses..... :lol: :laugh: :laugh: ......
    ·