Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need a simple pork tenderloin recipe

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I need a very simple way to prepare a pork tenderloin. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Brent

Comments

• Brent Johnson,
    spin em up with some dizzy pig raging river or tsunami spin or dizzy dust, . .. or some of ken stone's witchy red rub. . .grill em direct at 350 degrees dome temp, turning them every ten minutes or so. .. should take only about 40 minutes to get to 140 - 150 internal. . .slice em and eat em. . .. couldn't be simpler IMHO[p]this batch was dusted with ken stone's witchy red[p]DSCN0328.jpg[p]and just about done[p]DSCN0329.jpg

• Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    Brent Johnson,[p]Cook direct on the regular grid level at 350 and flip every ten minutes until the internal temp is 150. Pull from egg, let sit for 10 minutes, slice and serve.[p]p.s. keep guests away from resting tenderloin. Some people don't like strangers' (or friends') drool on their food...

• You do want to grill them at a higher temp, at least 350, so you want to take them off at 137-140. They will continue to cook while resting and you definitely don't want to dry out those little things.[p]If you have a little pink in the middle, you've done it right.[p]Lee
  • QSis,
    you know, i agree with you. ..i couldn't remember exact temps i pulled them so i sided on the cautious side, but now that you mention it, i think i pulled the ones in the picture right at 140. ..they were just a tad pink and nice and juicy in the centers. . ..you can also brush a little of your favorite sauce on them as well if you want to stay simple. ..serve em with a rissotto or other rice. ..yummy

• Boccie
    Boccie Posts: 186
    Brent Johnson,[p]This is one of our favorites. We tried something different and cut finger size holes in it and stuffed with garlic and Romano cheese. Wrapped the whole thing in bacon. Smoked with a medium size chunk of hickory wood. Cooked this to an internal of 145deg – which took about 2 hours at 350deg (approx 4lb roast).
    The results were exceptional. The aroma alone had the family gathered in the kitchen. Very juicy and fantastic flavor. Well worth doing again.[p]porkroast1.jpg[p]porkroast2.jpg[p]porkroast3.jpg[p]

• Boccie
    Boccie Posts: 186
    Brent Johnson,[p]Sorry, I posted a pork loin recipe - didnt pay attention that it was tenderloin.[p]Boccie