Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Store

Mark Backer
Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Went to the home base yesterday on clairmont and got a few things: BGE maple butt rub, metal replacement for the ceramic under the fuel thingy in my mini, two bags of lump for 25 bucks (good price IYAM) and a gasket for the large. [p]I noticed that they are selling dizzy pig there and I didn't notice it before. Have they been selling the dizzy at the store for very long?

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Mark Backer, just out of curiosity how large of a store is the BGE mecca in Hotlanta?

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Mark Backer
    RRP,[p]Probably smaller than you think, at least up front. Of course, the back is chock full of magical parts and pieces. I watched them exchange an older fella's fire box that was broken while there. [p]But as a guess, I'd say the storefront part is probably 25 feet deep and about 50 feet wide or so. I am probably guessing bad, but that's about right, give or take. [p]I also asked about moving the store to stone mountain and closer to the other facility, and the guy said he didn't know anything about it...
  • TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Mark Backer,[p]I was in there during the '03 Eggtoberfest and I believe they had the Dizzy Rubs in there then.[p]TRex
  • Mark Backer
    TRex,[p]Then I must have been blind in my previous visits there. I may also not have been as knowledgable in the ways of the spinning pig...[p]how's things over at moss run manor anyway? And I haven't looked yet, but how is the "I can make a coffee table cheaper'n buyin' one" project going?
  • Wino
    Wino Posts: 69
    Mark Backer,
    Yes they have. Had my large for a year and half and been getting the Dizzy Pig since the beginning. I only live 10 minuets from BGE so I am lucky enough to pop in all the time and pick up all of my egg needs. Yes they are moving to Tucker I believe. When I first heard this it was back in the fall, was told it would February. Not sure if that is still the time frame or not. You have to love the 2 bags of lump for $25 bucks. I think I will kill myself if I ever have to move out of Atlanta...not because of the city...because I could not stand to be away from Mecca on Clairmont! LOL
    Wino

• Mark Backer,
    here's a picture of me and the spawn in front of the main entrance. ..kind of like a pilgramage to the wailing wall for us out of towners. .. [p]atthestore.jpg

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    thanks - 1 pix is worth 10,000 words! BTW did you see my double post a few lines ago re ghee since you mentioned last night?

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RRP,
    thanks, i just went back down and read abou thte ghee. i think i remember that method from a huge ghee thread about a year ago. .. i know some grocery's sell the stuff and will save you the trouble. . .

• Wino,
    Their moving to Tucker in February will be just like the Extra Large coming out last winter sometime. Ain't gonna happen in that time frame. First you gotta get those guys from out behind the eggs long enough to get stuff packed up and well. Think of it, if worked in the BGE store what else would you do. Packing would interrupt your pizza's, wings and quesadeeeeeas.[p]Chris

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    tableinroom2.JPG
    <p />Mark Backer,[p]It turned out great. Most importantly, the wife was very pleased.[p]As far as the final price tag goes, well . . . [p]Check out the link for the full story.[p]Cheers,[p]TRex
    [ul][li]The Great Coffee Table Challenge[/ul]
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    TRex, One tip on clamps, you can but clamps that fit on a piece of 3/4 inch black pipe. Since they adjust to the pipe length they can be up to 10 feet long. A set runs about $20 for the clamp.