Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Something's Very Wrong With This Picture

Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,696
edited 6:35PM in EggHead Forum
Something is dreadfully wrong for I feel a deep freezing pain in my toes...

Weatherfor2-1-11week.jpg

Costa Rica real estate is starting to look really, really good.

Any Eggheads in Costa Rica?

Cubo de hielo de primavera de Pollo
aka Spring "Ice Cube" Chicken
Spring Texas USA
·

Comments

• loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    This is where I'm headed tonight :(

North Platte, NE

Tonight: Windy. Cloudy skies will become partly cloudy after midnight. Near record low temperatures. Dangerous wind chills may approach -35F. Low -17F. Winds NNW at 20 to 30 mph.
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    That looks like our forecasts. ;)
    ·
  • TXTrikerTXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Leroy, just move south a few miles. I do have the lights on in the attic and drained the irrigation backflow preventer. Have the koozies on the faucets. Will the girls stay warm? Perhaps you need to build a fire in them?
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Temps plummeting here. Family & eggs safe
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Those Bowl teams will feel at HOME in the big D Sunday.Jerry Jones probably had something to do with all this mess! :blink: :laugh:
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,843
    Just get some more rum 'coke for anti freeze!
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    At least you can look forward to Saturday
    I won't post ours :blush: :whistle:
    ·
  • BeakerBeaker Posts: 293
    Last updated: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 6:02:19 PM

Denver's high of -1 degree on Tuesday is the coldest maximum temperature on record for February 1.

The old record was 2 degrees set in 1985. The ice fog around the area will clear as the night goes on.

A Wind Chill Advisory is in effect until 9 a.m. Wednesday for wind chill equivalent temperatures of -10 to -30 degrees.

By dawn winds will be calm in the Denver area with record cold temperatures from -23 to -18 degrees.
    ·
  • ChubbyChubby Posts: 2,790
    Watch out Spring....I see "Blustery" in your future!!

:woohoo:
    ·
  • thebtlsthebtls Posts: 2,300
    I'm looking at 40" of snow on my 165 foot driveway,
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
    ·
  • This will hold us until we get settled down there...

hermosa-ocean-view-home.jpg

I'm not sure if they take MasterCard. Maybe they give S&H Green Stamps too.

Y'all come see us, you hear...

Spring "Color Me Gone" Chicken
    ·
  • You have great taste Leroy. I'll come visit you and Judy in a heartbeat Leroy! :side:
    ·
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Oh dear....I would not survive this brutal cold. Bundle up! :)
    ·
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Uh-oh....can't wait to see pics from the snow-covered Chicken Ranch! Stay warm! :)
    ·
  • I may have to remake this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46yRMky0kVM

Spring "Snowed In" Chicken
    ·
  •  
    Not to worry Leroy, the warmer weather hasn't gone far, it's just taking a vacation down here. :lol:
    WeatherWidget1-1.jpg

Blair

·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    very similar over here Blair. actually had to run the air today. hope all in the path of the storm are safe
    ·
  • Used to live in Florida. Got cold there too.

Spring "Ice Grows On Trees In Florida" Chicken
    ·
  • It would seem that the National Weather Service changes the definition of "Blustery" according to how severe the weather is. Blustery in North Dakota is not exactly the same as blustery in Central Florida.

Spring "Being Blustered" Chicken
    ·
  •  
    If it gets much below 80º and I'm chilly! I have seen a few snow flakes in the air down here many years ago. That was more than enough. LOL. I hope your weather warms up soon Leroy.

No A/C yet down here Pat, I'm not ready for that yet. My electric bill suffers all summer and I like the vacation from running it.

Blair

·
  • Looks to me...Like you are having a Heat Wave!!!!
    Forecast for here tonight is -40 F. for the wind-chill....
    Hasn't happened yet with a pretty calm wind (may 5 MPH at best) and only about -8 F.
    ·
  • mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Oh boy can I relate. High of like 17 and low of 10. Here? I mean we get some cold, but THIS? Just have to survive till Saturday and apparently there is some divine intervention for the superbowl since it is supposed to be 60 on Sunday. Texas...weird. What else can you say.

mShark
    ·
  • LeRoy, You break me up, son. You should have been a comedian!
    Uncle "wish I had your talent" Phil
    ·
  • Saturday looks pretty good.
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

·
  • BeakerBeaker Posts: 293
    Here I am ...might not be able to tell what I am though...

bundleup.jpg
    ·
  • BasscatBasscat Posts: 659
    I just made a Margarita to remind me of my beloved Cozumel. It's 9 here in southern Missouri, looking at a low tonight of -2 :-(
    ·