Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-Chicago blizzard

evenwhenitsraining
evenwhenitsraining Posts: 75
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any other Chicagoans caught in the blizzard who are still going to grill tonight? I am! Just a ribeye, but I gotta prove my dedication.

Comments

• BigA
    BigA Posts: 1,157
    i love how when a storm hits around chicago and goes to the east coast, everyone and there son is covering it on the news! when we get hit with a storm that is nastier than you can imagine the only news coverage is local! :laugh: :) guess we can take the hard hitting mother nature :laugh: :laugh: the last big strom we got i did and over nighter and let me tell you i was nervous because the egg was in a snowdrift when i awoke, but low and behold, the pork butt was still cooken, thank god the drift was on the back side and not covering the vents!!! :cheer:
  • You're going to have to change your handle to 'evenwhentheresablizzard'! :laugh:

We'll look forward to your post.
  • Ha! I only have a mini, and it's sitting in my kitchen right now. If it was still out on my patio, it would be completely covered in snow. The snow drifts out back are unbelievable.

I'm just going to relax and make a simple sandwich. School was cancelled for tomorrow (I'm a teacher), so I'm in no rush at all to go out and shovel!

Good luck with that ribeye! The wind is pretty fierce right now.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Dude, got a fireplace? :laugh: I cook there all winter long!!

4288784976_7f6ec45ac4_b.jpg

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    I hope it does not hit Toronto too bad again....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZEMRAWaVr8 :laugh:
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • That's got all the markings of a Connecticut Yankee! :):lol: :laugh:
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Hey, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do! B)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Snow I'll cook in. Slipping on the ice I'll take the pass on. We had spaghetti and meatballs tonight. Still a nice meal with the family. Chocolate Chess pie in the oven. I'm feeling a third pot of coffee for the day coming, though this one will be decaff.
  • You can have the snow in Chicago! We will have roughly 7-10 inches by morning. It is windier than a son of a gun here in Iowa! Full BLOWN BLIZZARD!! I did hamburgers tonight with the X-large sitting in the garage with the door propped open. THAT WAS COLD!!!! So KUDOS to you evenwhenitsraining!!!!!! I have to say I think you are a stronger egger than I (or nuttier,,, you decide ;) )
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    No such thing as "just a ribeye" unless you mess it up really really bad! LOL. Stay warm. It better clear up by next week...I've got to poke my nose in that part of the world.

mShark
  • Yep. Salmon for dinner, then put a brisket on during the height of the storm. In plateau.
  • This is minus the foot of snow I shovelled off the steps after my 2 hour commute (normally a half hour) yesterday afternoon.
    IMG_6228.jpg

IMG_6231.jpg
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    I'm across the Lake, in South bend. Not so much snow, but bad drifting. Had 3 feet deep from the front door to the street. So I took the bus to work, only to learn that my employer had shut down just about the time I went out the door to catch the bus. Other than the plows running all over, there were only 6 other people I saw. None of us were very happy.

But, with the day off, I may be able to dig my way to an Egg, and have some flippin' off the blizzard 'Q!