Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My new (2nd) BGE table project!

1Gunner
1Gunner Posts: 14
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
Ready for sanding:
1.jpg
hole cut:
11.jpg
ready to test drive:
3.jpg

Test driven:

32.jpg

attention to details:

fini1.jpg

It's nice working in a warm garage..... :O)
fini.jpg

My first table fitted with XL BGE... aka The Workhorse!!

BGEstand.jpg

Thank you to this forum for inspiration and good eats!!

When the temp was like this:
2-1.jpg

Comments

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Very nice job---how fast will it go and how many miles to the gallon ?
  • 1Gunner
    LOL, it will go as fast or slow as you like.

and consumption is rated by the # of beers per hr... :P
  • Looks REALLY great man! My step-dad just built mine for me and delivered it yesterday. How do I post a picture of it? I understand the board code part, but how do I get a link to the photo? It's on my desktop right now.
  • 1Gunner
    Hey Thanks.
    I post my pics to
    http://photobucket.com/
    then link them to here using the Img icon above.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Beautiful job on both tables!! Is that purpleheart on the XL?

Don't forget the paver and the green feet under the large - would hate to see that nice work go up in smoke!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• 1Gunner
    Thanks Carolina Q!
    XL is white pine stained cherry with multi coats of high gloss Verithane.

Not a worry on paver plus feet... it was just a test fit, it's 3 months away from ignition.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Never would have guessed that was a cherry stain. But whatever it is, it looks cool!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• 1Gunner
    Sorry, it's actually Cabernet color.
    stain1.jpg
    Memory is the first to go, I heard...
    :P
  • dubah
    dubah Posts: 60
    Beautiful work on that table. The finish color looks great.
    I had a little trouble figuring out wheel placement on my table and looked closely at yours. It looks like the wheeled legs are flush with the ground. How's it wheel around like that? Maybe it's an illusion to me?
  • dubah wrote:
    Beautiful work on that table. The finish color looks great.
    I had a little trouble figuring out wheel placement on my table and looked closely at yours. It looks like the wheeled legs are flush with the ground. How's it wheel around like that? Maybe it's an illusion to me?

Nope it's an illusion, there's lots of room, and it wheels perfectly.

I used an 8" utility wheel with an internal bearing, mounted with a 1/2" threaded rod and large spacer nuts inside and lock nuts on the wheels. All nuts were set with Loctite Red.

Here's a couple close-ups showing spacing.
    leg2.jpg

leg1.jpg

leg3.jpg

The opposite end I used HD anti skid furniture pads and measured to make sure the the result was a level table.
  • Thanks Gunner, great looking table. You have given me ideas for my tables. I have two to build when I return home from wintering in the south.

Maybe I missed it in your post, but what wood did you use, its looks like pine? I'm considering cypress but will have to order it.
  • Kyvette wrote:
    Thanks Gunner, great looking table. You have given me ideas for my tables. I have two to build when I return home from wintering in the south.

Maybe I missed it in your post, but what wood did you use, its looks like pine? I'm considering cypress but will have to order it.

Thanks for the cudos, my new table was done in BC Red Cedar.

It's much lighter and more outdoor resistant than white pine, plus has some nice colour and grain.

The XL BGE I used a combination of pine and eastern white cedar.