Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Oklahoma Eggfest Registration is open!

Snoopy Dog Dog
Snoopy Dog Dog Posts: 436
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Mark your calendars for April 15th and 16th!

The site for the 7th Annual Oklahoma Eggfest has been launched today! Go to www.okeggfest.com to get all the details!

To register, just print the Registration Form and send it in with all the info.

We look forward to seeing everyone for another great fest!

Chris (Snoop)

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Cool. Can't wait Chris.
    It's in the mail.
    Can you hold my check til June 1st? :laugh:
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    I'll be sending mine soon. :)
  • THESE PACKAGES INCLUDE THE NEW EGG NEST WITH LOCKING CASTERS AND BRACER BAR, THE NEW STAINLESS STEEL GRID, SPRING BAND, DUAL FUNCTION METAL TOP, DAMPER TOP, THE NEW TRU-TEL TEMPERATURE GAUGE, DVD AND MANUAL. THESE EGGS ARE BRAND NEW. THEY WILL ONLY BE USED ONCE AT OKLAHOMA EGGFEST.

not meaning to offend, but here are some thoughts and questions:

WOW, these demo egg prices are sure a lot higher!!!!

what is the bracer bar?
    are the locking casters larger than the old wheels?
    glad to see the stainless steel grid; is the quality as good as those from the Ceramic Grill Store?
    glad to see the Tru-Tel temp guage; what range does it cover? I have 2 fuller and 1 lower range and they weren't expensive at all.

Has Stike or anyone else done a cost analysis to see if the new improvements justify the cost increase?

I spent $505 on a medium 2 years ago at the OKC Eggfest. Noticed the 2010 Eggfest Demo Egg circuit prices were much cheaper on the coasts by about $100-$200 dollars, depending on the size.

Please don't get me wrong. I love my BGEs. Would love to add another. Photo Egg hasn't passed his shopping skills on to me yet. Haven't gotten a raise in 4 years, but still have a job :cheer: Just wondering why BGE prices are rising faster than a barrel of oil :S
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Fear not as Egg prices are jumping this year.
    To make up for the hundreds or thousands of dollars you will spend on traveling, hotels, cooking and promoting for "Everything BBQ" in OKC you will be rewarded a 5% store discount. :laugh:
    Feel the burn. That's not your every day table salt. That's the sting of imported Sea Salt.
    Chris Hale, golf and the after party make this event rock.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • The Chris Hale, golf and the after party make this event rock.

that is TRUE!!!!
    Chris was my first, my third, and will be my seventh!!!!
    :blush: :evil: :whistle::lol:B)