Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salmon variety

Options
Walter
Walter Posts: 67
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
SalmonPair.jpg
<p />Got a BBQ Galore gift certificate for Christmas. Since they don't carry much in the way of Egg accessories... I decided to pick up a dual probe remote thermometer and enough rubs & sauces to use up the balance of the certificate. Tried "Pecan Rub" on the left piece of salmon while doing our traditional Lemon Pepper on the right. Didn't realize how significant the color difference was until I used the other rub. Family devoured 'em both.[p]Walter

Comments

• HolySmokes
    Options
    Walter,
    looks great, but after introducing us to 'salmon
    variety', you didn't tell us...[p]what did you start with?
    this could be 6 months from the freezer farm
    raised color added atlantic salmon... or...[p]you could have caught this local steelhead yourself!!![p]just a little difference :) and it's two very different fillets.[p]glad they were both good!
    best, hs

• Walter
    Options
    HolySmokes,[p]Sorry... I was so excited about actually getting the picture posted I forgot. One big salmon filet from Costco cut into 2 pieces. [p]Walter
  • TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Walter,[p]Those look great. How did you cook? Hot and fast? Direct?[p]Thanks,[p]TRex
  • Walter
    Options
    TRex,[p]400* direct for about 6 minutes per side. Drizzled some maple syrup on the one with lemon pepper (on the right) about 30 seconds before pulling them off.[p]Walter