Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Marinade or Injection Ideas?

BBQBluesStringer
BBQBluesStringer Posts: 398
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm looking for an idea or two to add some flavor to a flat I'm cooking on Sunday. Anyone ever marinade or inject their briskets? If so, what do you use? How long do you marinade? This brisket has been wet-aged for 3 weeks, so it'll be plenty tender. I'm just looking to add some unusual flavor in addition to the usual rub and spray I normally cook with.

Comments

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    BBQBluesStringer,[p]I usually inject mine with a variation of an injection that Jim Minion & Dr. Chicken used on a top sirloin. Unfortunately, I just printed the post out at one point and don't have the recipe here at work. I'm sure it was posted here before, so the archives might have it, but maybe Jim will see this and post it again.[p]I've been REALLY happy with how my briskets have been turning out since I started injecting them.[p]Tonia
    :~)[p]BTW, I got your registration for the Florida Eggfest this morning...glad we'll finally get a chance to meet!

• QBabe,
    We're excited about the FL Eggfest and really looking forward to it. Hopefully, we'll be bringing a new egger friend and his wife along with us. Right now they're planning to join us.

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    BBQBluesStringer,[p]Great! We love new egger friends! It should be lots of good fun and some REALLY good food, too. Have you SEEN what everyone plans to cook...you'd think we were feeding an army![p]Tonia
    :~)

• BBQBluesStringer,
    Plain old Jim Beam Marinade works for me! Now that you have reminded me, think ill have to do one Sunday also. Go Steelers! Go Falcons!