Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What we did on our Weekend Vacation!!

Options
Chubby
Chubby Posts: 2,955
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm sure others will provide a more "comprehensive" report later.., but here'a a few musings from my perspective!

Per usuall...any trip to anywhere starts off with with a little of this...

P1230044.jpg

Upon arrival, after the reasonable greetings were exchanged, (and a requisite ammount of
"Chubby Bashing" was administered by the Host and my Bethrothed)..,there was some of this...

P1290002.jpg

that, (at least part of the time) took place around here...

P1300023.jpg

interspersed with a good Cigar or two and punctuated a few of these...

P1290014.jpg

During the Festivities..."The Chick" herself,(ablely assisted by the very eligable,
and definitly "teen age" Marina Ranger) set out to whip up a fresh batch of her much beloved..,
(and "nearly world famous") Chicken Liver Brownies...

P1300027.jpg

which once out of the oven, were consumed greedily by "Pepper","Rooster",
(aka...The Land Shark) and confirmed Chubby Hater/Skeptic..."Honey"!!

(shown below...giving appropraite consideration to the Brownie provider)...

P1230046.jpg

Occassionally during the Weekend...
the Host himself could be seen by the careful observer
dissapearing to a small "OutHouse" type structure..,

P1230066.jpg

were, (pictured here only with the use of long range satellites) he was observed doing
what can only be classified as the "fondling" of small objects"...

(Thankfully, our worst fears weren't confirmed as to the "objects"!!)

P1240082.jpg

followed up by some of this!!

P1240088.jpg.

Which culminated, (once back here at the GrateMates World Headquarters Building)
with a fine new addition to the aresnal!!!

a7e7110b.jpg

Once retreived from his "Secret Confines" by your trusty author...
"The Host" was joined by all present where much "Merryment" was had till this was
the final image of the evening...

P1290006.jpg

Tune in later for Sunday's Festivites..,(which btw.., start out a little like this)...

P1300016.jpg

and thanks for watching!!

B)
I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Hehehe

Thanks for the undercover report.

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Just as I thought...
    No high dollar laser cutting tools or automated wood turning machines. Just skilled hands and keen eyes behind the custom handles.
    Looks like a great visit Chubby.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Who do you have to know to get an invite to these private Eggfests? -RP
  • Boss Hogg
    Boss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Options
    Nice that the dog has "Big Green Egg" colored eyes....
    Brian
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    what happened to Leroy and Judy? Didn't Mike have a rum & Coke waiting so Leroy turned tail and left? Guess I missed something in between.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Sure would like to hear the other side of the narrative from the other defendants.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Chubby
    Options
    Stay Tuned...

They will be in Sunday's Episode!!
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Chubby
    Options
    I report...you decide!!

NuffSaid!!!!

;)
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Good times. Chubby bashing. Isn't that the official BGE sport?
  • Chubby
    Options
    Well..?

For some it is!!

:woohoo:

Then again Dennis..."they" are of weak mind and dubious constitution!!

:P
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Boy! Everything looked clean and orderly in the photos. What the heck happened there between then and Sunday morning? Oh yea! You spent the night there LOL

I'm in the process of editing the videos now. Sure is a lot to take out. But later or sooner I'll be ready to post "THE MOVIE."

I have to say, it was a beautiful day for doing exactly what we did. Good food, good rum, good company and good setting. Now Judy wants a Mike Porch and Fireplace.

On the way home we had to skip feeding Beaver Nuggets to Popsicle's cows at Mile Marker 664, but we waved when we drove by.

And for those of you who never had a Beaver Nugget, here's what they look like.

DSC02235.jpg

We pulled into the garage with one minute of daylight left. A rum and coke and a pulled pork sandwich and I was good for the night.

Spring "There's Gold In Them Thar Nuggets" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Chubby
    Options
    Send me your contact/payment info for an app Randy!!

:P
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Looks like you guys and gals had a blast.

Larry
  • Popsicle
    Popsicle Posts: 523
    Options
    Leroy, a couple of the cows said they saw what looked like a red SW Airline’s plane flying by on I 10 but later confirmed it was an Avalanche East bound.
    Glad you all had a good time and a safe trip.
    Popsicle
    Willis Tx.
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Judy started filming before Mile Marker 664 and kept it up until after 665. I saw some cows way back under a tree but they looked like they were hiding. Maybe they don't like Beaver Nuggets. But if you need a visual on them, here it is...

th_PopsicleCows.jpg

You're welcome.

Spring "Eyeball Peeping Through A Cloudy Window" Chicken
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    glad you saw some cows - I didn't but then since you left the door open I watched your "Look Look" boating video and then the Santa clip too! :laugh:
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Very nicely put Chubby only thing missing is the poncho character
  • eenie meenie
    Options
    Chubby, I ain't biting. :P I know these pics are anomalies. I didn't expect you to document the mischief and mayhem that really occurred.
  • Chubby
    Options
    Sorry you couldn't have made it Rebecca!! "We" have put you "on the list" of "Good Eggs".., (so when the "Bad Eggs" get together)..,
    just know that you're though of...talked about, and appropriately remembered!

I could get you in to one of these Shindigs you know...lol!!

I knows Peeepple!!

:whistle:
  • eenie meenie
    Options
    My mother warned about those Texans!!!!!!!