Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Weekend Smokin'- Question For Pork Ribs

Smokin' Todd
Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
bge.jpg
<p />Today I'll be slowly smokin' a 6 lb chicken with mesquite. Tomorrow I'll be smokin' 3 racks of pork ribs with the same kind of wood(along with fresh kilbosi(sp)), since the guys at work handed me money to buy the ribs -they finally want to taste the smoked ribs i always talk about.
I want to impress these guys in a big way, so i want to get as close to perfection(cat's and JJ's) as possible.
My question for pork ribs is this:
A while back i remember posts about removing the "lining" from the ribs prior to cooking. Would that produce the best results? How to I go about removing that "lining"?...should I marinate the ribs before or after removing the "lining"? Thanx in advance.
ST- E2K impatient :)

Comments

• Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Smokin' Todd,[p]The lining is a thin membrane on the bone side. Work one corner free with your fingers or a blunt knife tip; grab it with a paper towel; pull off the membrane. It may come off in several pieces.[p]Removing it will allow the marinade/rub to flavor the bone side a bit too. [p]Those guys won't know what hit 'em! ;-}[p]Cathy
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Smokin' Todd,
    There are some pictures on my web site of the membrane coming off. Look thru the baby back and spare ribs menus I have there. That should give you some ideas and tips.[p]Remember to add the sauce late in the cook because any sugar will eventually burn. I like to add a heavy sauce about 1 hr b4 we eat and burn it on a little. Then have more dipping sauce at the table. Man your making me hungry for ribs.[p]Tim

[ul][li]--Tim's web Cookbook --[/ul]
  • Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Cat and tim,
    Thanx u two for the much appreciated tips. I wil surely peel off the membrane and mop them late in the cook. I will make sure to give both of u credit on monday:)
    ST(and a place to B)