Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Mole tenderloin

Frank from HoumaFrank from Houma Posts: 5,755
edited 3:46AM in EggHead Forum
Used this stuff to make a mole sauce (four tomatoes not in pic)
IMG_5453800x600.jpg

Used Richard's Kona Coffee rub - mmmmm
IMG_5468800x600.jpg

Start plating - mole sauce and sour cream
IMG_5476800x600.jpg

Pulled the tenderloin at 135-140 and foiled for 10 minutes while plating. The tenderloin didn't need the sauce. The sauce just made it "mole betta"
IMG_5473800x600.jpg

Have a whole lot of mole sauce left over - I see pulled pork enchiladas in my future :woohoo:
IMG_5475800x600.jpg
·

Comments

• CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,765
    whew, I expected to see something about the diameter of a dime, or smaller
    ·
  • chocdocchocdoc Posts: 456
    Smaller - all the moles I've seen are only about as big around as a quarter!
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    ya beat me to it.
    ·
  • TXTrikerTXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Ah Frank. That looks wonderful. Being as how you're so far south, do you get to get fresher vegetables then even we do further east along the coast? I've been thinking avacados lately and I guess they are a year round fruit.
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Mi amigo you are risking it......I'll be there soon looks fantastic
    ·
  •  
    Beat me to it also. I was wonder how to butcher one of the little rascals. :lol:

·
  •  
    Looks great Frank! happyTUTEMP.gif

Blair

·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Ya'll got some BIG MOLES down there if that's a tenderloin off of one! :woohoo: :silly: SCHWEET cook Frank! :)
    ·
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    That looks great!!I love Mole.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
    ·
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Wow - the tenderloin is perfect, and the mole looks like a wonderful addition! ;)
    ·
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,765
    Those crazy cajuns (and LSU fans) will eat almost anything, but I thought mole was even a bit low for them :silly:
    ·
  • B) B) I'll pass on the mole B) B)
    ·
  • LobichoLobicho Posts: 557
    way to go my friend
    now that's what I call innovation...making mole sauce from scratch...WOW...
    my respects!!!
    The package looks awesome...
    And I can bet those enchiladas will be aweeesome!!!
    ·
  • fantastic.
    Try combining mole with a sugar (honey would work...I've used agave nectar) to make a glaze for chicken thighs. Serve with extra mole. Yum.
    ·