Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT....Joe has a brother

Options
AZRP
AZRP Posts: 10,116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Picked up a new pup this morning, he has a little growing to do -RP

IMG_2076.jpg

IMG_2083.jpg

Comments

• rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    You have to start small to learn it all.Cute puppie,how is the big dog enjoying it?

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Options
    Oh my, so cute! Our new puppy is finally being excepted by the giant cats.
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Love the second pic
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    really nice looking pups. my last old dog teased, growled, stole from the new pup when i was around, then out of site played, rolled on the ground and really enjoyed his little buddy. i would jump out of nowhere and catch him, he always looked so guilty when he was caught. :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    That's how my dogs are, the older one intimidates when she knows someone is watching. But when left alone, plays with the younger one like there is no tomorrow.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Cute puppy Randy...My brother that you met in Atlanta just got a 10 week old Australian shepherd.His wife wanted the shepherd to go with her when she is riding her horses.I think the puppy is wearing my brother out.LOL

Larry
  • fishlessman
    Options
    those dogs are crazy, my best advice is to buy a sheep and dont ever ever ever teach it to fetch. my bothers dog, once you throw a ball or stick, your in the game for hours and hours
    fukahwee maine

• Gator Bait
    Options

Cute pup! Congratulations! I hope we get to see many more pictures of him. We sure do love animals around here . . . even if we do eat a lot of them. :laugh:

Blair

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    I think stike has a sheep he doesn't use anymore :laugh:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• YB
    Options
    I agree with you...But he had a crazy Jack Russel for 14 years that would drive you nuts with a ball so he is use to it.He already has the puppy in school.

Larry
  • Gator Bait
    Options

LOL, I always found playing fetch was a great way to exercise my dogs in a limited amount of space. I always had hunting breeds, Retrievers and a Beagle mix and it was in their blood to love to run and chase. As long as I was in charge of the running and chasing they stayed out of trouble and slept much of the time. Hunting breeds evolved to run, chase and fetch and in my opinion are happiest when they get to do so. I never had any behavioral problems with my dogs and I think it was because they got the exercise that they evolved for. I had a large, 100 pound, Yellow Lab/Golden Retriever cross that could wear my arm off chasing the ever addictive tennis balls. I would try to throw it for him for about an hour every day. He was the best dog I have ever had and was the perfectly behaved gentleman 24/7. My Beagle was half Beagle and half some small terrier like a rat terrier, she was only the size of an average sized cat but had long legs and perfect Beagle markings. If she ever got sight or sent of a rabbit she was gone in a flash giving voice all the way. She was the only dog I had that liked to howl at the moon, she seemed to get great pleasure at it. She was addicted to tennis balls as bad as the big dogs and would chase them till she dropped. She had sever hip dysplasia but it didn't slow her down at all. I think running is a cheap and easy way to keep a dog happy and healthy. My 2¢. :)

Blair

• fishlessman
    Options
    you never had a sheep dog :laugh: without a sheep they need something to do after throwing that ball for 5 hours. my brothers dog will dig rocks and bring them back till he passes out at night, barking insanely while digging and barking even more as he drops them at your feet. these are marathon dogs, its an all day thing, non stop, they are breed for that, you cant keep up. if you dont have something for this dog to do all day and night its torture on you and the dog. like not letting a beagle hunt or a husky run. my old german shepard was a watcher, guardian, would chase a superball a half mile down the road on this long hill i lived on. liked to run, but didnt NEED to do it all day, he had a job already, he was the watcher. those sheepdogs have a different job, you have to make it work somehow, and an hour or two doesnt work :laugh: my little brit is the hunter, i have him thinking we hunt fish :) still chases ducks and bunnys, but thats for fun, fish are serious
    fukahwee maine

• YB
    Options
    This is Steve and Mrs.Dogs(Julie)Dog.Luna will fish all day and it is really fun to watch.Here is Luna fishing.

Picture315.jpg

Here is Luna with my daughter after a hard days work on Lake Michigan fishing.

Larry
    Picture186.jpg
  • fishlessman
    Options
    forgot frogs, took him close to an hour sneaking up on this frog, quivering with excitement :) he swims with the ducks for a couple hours each night, neighbors watch him with disbelief, the mother duck actually hides with him during the rape season keeping the male mallards at bay. i like the hunting breeds, dont hunt but i can work with it

100_0847.jpg
    fukahwee maine

• TXTriker
    TXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Options
    I think that is when you use a batting machine or tennis trainer to toss tennis balls.
  • YB
    Options
    That is a great picture.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    one of my best pics, only have a few that really talks about this dog, better than any fish pic ive ever taken, wish i had more
    fukahwee maine

• Susan Egglaine
    Options
    Thanks for posting! Gave me a BIG smile :)
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    Cute this guy! Not sure I know the reason for your move, but 3 times now we have gotten our "auxiliary" Westies when the older guy turned 8 or 9. It has made training and house breaking a snap as the older dog does the training and re-enforcement! Also it makes the inevitable more tolerable if that's even possible to say. We lost our Dublin last May and it still hurts...
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Randy, you better take plenty of pics, he won't be small for long. What a precious pup. Looks as if Joe is going to have his paws full.

What are you going to name the pup?

Thanks for sharing......I'm a sucker for dogs.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    You are going to need an extra egg just to feed those guys.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    That's great Randy. I do look forward to some pups, just not quite ready to part with the current ones.

It sure seems like they have an understanding in the last photo. :laugh:
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Very cool, My Friend. Makes me smile.

Mike
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    Love it! How much does Joe weigh??? He's a big guy - and the little brother looks tiny next to him! :ohmy:
  • Gator Bait
    Options

Hahahaha, I like hunting fish, never tried to talk one of my dogs into it. I new an old timer up in Maine that had a Retriever that would dive in off the dock and come up with fish. My sister had a sheep dog that I hope wasn't typical of the breed, it had fewer brains then a stump! :lol:

Blair

• Gator Bait
    Options

I'm biased, that's one pretty dog! :)

Blair

• Gator Bait
    Options

That's a great photo! I have always like hunting breeds, they always seemed to share my love for the outdoors with me. :)

Blair

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    He is right around 220 lbs. -RP