Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Guess the mystery

Fidel
Fidel Posts: 10,172
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We had a little get together at Dr. Seuss' house to celebrate the 40th anniversary of his uterine escape. Good times, good cooks, good booze.

Can anyone guess this mystery cook from the night?

TBMystery1.jpg

Comments

• elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Grilled pear? I tried grilling them once and they looked something like this.... :ohmy:
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Not real sure what got cooked well done but I figure it went on after the "good booze"!! :laugh:
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Well, I can tell you what it LOOKS like... but that can't be it. :laugh: :blink:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    A burnt fig.I know I'm at least 1/2 right! :laugh:
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    his uterine :woohoo:
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    I saw that somewhere,,, now more about this pizza screen :whistle:
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    A LONGGGGGG time forgotten and very 'crispy' inverted chicken??? :blink: :laugh: Whatever it is, I am guessing it was pretty dry... :huh: Poot didn't tell us he was attending, let alone cooking there! :woohoo: :whistle:
    Happy belated birthday Doug!!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,674
    looks crunchy....new england paella
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Fidel
    Well, there were some really good bacon wrapped stuffed mushrooms that some dude whose name I can't remember brought, but he was an egg newbie and said he only knew how to cook them in a broiler. So Terry, Doug, Doug, and I decided to cook them direct on a raised grid on a pizza screen.

The bacon was ultra-mega-extra-super-thick cut and took for-ev-er to begin to get done. One of the drunken rednecks decided we should bump the temp and proceeded to do so my raising the dome and leaving it open until the fire was blazing and the pizza screen began to melt.

The mushrooms, however, were protected by the ultra-mega-extra-super-thick cut bacon and turned out pretty good. The hodag cookies (most of them anyway) were terrific too, as were the stuffed tostitos and Seuss' bourbon porter home brew (that I swear was at least double the 9.5% alcohol he claimed). Somebody brought some ABT dip that was absolutely atrocious. I ate it only out of good spirit.

The worst part of the night was when Terry chased me around as I had my camera phone in one hand and that hodag in another after I dug it out of the trash can.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    HaHa,, sounds like it was a great time,, I'm really gonna have to make one of these top secret meetings someday, just gonna have to make sure my insurance is up to date first :laugh:
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Seared placenta :sick: :laugh:
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Obviously it's a Hodag Cookie left unattended and unloved. :whistle:
  • Fidel
    ahhh, the voice of experience rings through, though it was more a result of a nasty hot spot than inattention. The other 7 or 8 in that batch turned out fine, but that one was just scorched somehow.
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Haaahaaaaaa. Well one out of a bunch is not so bad. :pinch: Sacrificial offerings.
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    I really wish that I had brought my camera with me :pinch: Terry chasing you down the driveway would have made for a priceless pic :lol::lol: If I remember correctly,that was some fairly thick bacon on those shrooms :P I guess that we're gonna have to replace Terrys pizza screen :lol: Good times.....good times...
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    i guess i will never live this one down :blush: :pinch:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Terry,

I can just picture you saying "Aw, I wasn't going to hurt the little fella"

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    if something like that has not happened to anyone around here before then they proabably have not been cooking long ;)

i hope you are well steve

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Fidel
    I burn stuff all the time. I did a loaf of no-knead bread once in a dutch oven that the top half was terrific and the bottom half was burned solid black.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,674
    bread tops are the best anyways, if you like bread bottoms get one of those bread machines that makes all four sides bread bottoms :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it