Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

quesadillas

shmoonyshmoony Posts: 9
edited 5:24AM in EggHead Forum
Hi all. I'm just looking to know if you can put a little butter or cooking spray on the flour tortillas when cooking quesadillas to get a little more crispiness out of the finished product, or will this mess up the pizza stone.
·

Comments

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,836
    I use a metal flat grill and spray the tortilla with pam. lay sprayed side on hot griddle build with cheese salsa chorizo cooked or whatever you like. Lay top tortilla on and spray top. after 3-4 minutes flip.Don't know why you can not do the same on a pizza stone or top of plate setter legs down.
    ·
  • SGT BBQSGT BBQ Posts: 190
    Once you get your pizza stone hot you will get crispy tortillas. I have not used any butter or cooking sprays and our tortillas are nice and crispy.
    ·
  • I get them crispy right on the cooking grid. I dont use an indirect barrier, but I bet they are great even on a stone or something else too.

John - SLC, UT

Webers, Eggs, Bubba Keg, Smokin-It #3

·
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    Shmooney.I cook the quesadillas right on the grill,Build a smaller fire than normal and grill one side,flip put cheese on top and finish.
    009-3.jpg

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
    ·
  • I use the large buritto size for pizza crust. I brush them with olive oil and put them on parchment paper. Very crispy results. I use the platesetter plus a stone spaced up 3/4 inch and 500+ temp.
    ·
  • Desert FillyDesert Filly Posts: 1,042
    I've done quesadillas with out the stone...direct on the grill....leaves nice grill marks. Spread with a little margarine...or evoo....nice.....
    ·