Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

some recent cooks and a question

Options
highpress
highpress Posts: 694
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey Gang. Here's some recent cooks we've had. .. There's a sink full of dirty dishes, a fussy 11 month old, and a pregnant wife who just woke up and is not happy that I am on the computer this AM... :( . So i'll make this as quick as i can before i get in too much trouble!

I did another DO chicken and rice. I really like this dish. Basically sear some chicken in DO, saute some onion, garlic and mushrooms, then put in rice mixture. Continue to cook until rice is finished.

P1000123.jpg
P1000126.jpg
P1000128.jpg
P1000133.jpg
P1000134.jpg

This is a pork loin and roasted red potatoes. Impressed with the pork but it was a tad overcooked. I had et-73 probe and should have put the probe in further. But it was still good. I love the roasted red potatoes!
P1000140.jpg
P1000142.jpg
P1000146.jpg
P1000148.jpg
P1000151.jpg
P1000154.jpg

So next is a quick meal we ate while watching the playoffs. These are pizza puffs. I beleive the recipe is from Rachel Ray. Wife made them. THEY ARE FANTASTIC. It's very quick to make, and you bake them in a muffin pan. These were made in the oven but can easily be made in egg. Wings were off the egg. We've made the puffs twice already. Again, they are fantastic. You have to try them.
P1000159.jpg
P1000161.jpg
P1000163.jpg

Here's a spatchcock with baked potatoes. I will NOT cook a baked potato under a chicken again. :whistle: The skin was icky. I thought I was being so smart by cooking the chicken over the potato. Oh well. This is how we learn I guess. :blush: The potato was good, just the skin was not. Or perhaps wrap tater in foil?
P1000169.jpg
P1000171.jpg
P1000176.jpg

WHEW!! That was alot of pics! So here's the question. Our stove is one of those I guess flat-top electric stove. Somehow we've burned our marred or stained the surface. Has anyone else done this or know how to clean it? I've tried scrubbing, all sorts of cleaners, nothing has worked. Not sure what we did, but it wasn't like that when we first moved in.

P1000164.jpg
P1000168.jpg
clean burner..
P1000166.jpg
this just will not come off!

Well, sorry for such a long post! Thanks for looking! Gotta go!

Comments