Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Alton Brown's 2 hr. Brined Bird & Chubby Update

Lawn Ranger
Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Past cook using Alton's 2 hour vinegar/mustard brine on a hen. Brining is our friend.

Meanwhile, back in Cypress,Texas...Timeline...Yesterday afternoon, Chubby tells me that his plan is to leave the house by 8:30 this morning. 9:45 this morning, I call and they are in the kitchen cooking breakfast...."Well", I says,...It's just a bit after 8:30 for Desert Oasis Woman and Cookin' Biker,....and it's 45 minutes until Smitty sees 8:30. But you are already 1 hour and 15 minutes late in leaving the house if we are going by Texas time!" Jumbled reply.

As the morning progresses, I am cleaning, shopping pampering like royalty is coming. 2:15pm (Texas time), I call and get the word that they have just passed through Katy. That's about 20 minutes from his front door. If this were a weekday,...tomorrow's mail would be here before he is. Time for a nap...I've certainly got time.

LR

001-14.jpg

002-15.jpg

007-20.jpg

Comments