Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another Gasket Question Sorry

Options
Margie
Margie Posts: 52
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My gasket is toast, the weather is cold. I'm not sure if the weather is a factor in the adhesive sticking, whats the best gasket or can I just cook with out one till warmer weather??? I know you experts will guide me so I thank you all in advance

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Margie, I was able to roll mine inside when I needed to replace a gasket in cold weather. If that's not an option, lots of folks here haven't had a gasket in years! You'll be fine without one. Decide in the spring whether to bother.

(Love my Rutland though!) :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Slotmercenary
    Options
    Greetings,
    gasket smasket who needs them? I have been using my three eggs for years without them and I do just fine. If you feel you need one then wait till it gets a little warmer in your neck of the woods and have at it.
    Just my .02
  • Margie
    Options
    Thanks I can't roll her in so I guess I will have to wait for spring
  • Margie
    Options
    Thanks every .02 is worth it
  • Le Oeuf Vert
    Options
    Nowhere near an expert but I will tell you I lost my gasket very early in my Egging and have never replaced it. Just as happy without it. So far no problems and from what I read none expected. Good luck.
  • berrygood
    berrygood Posts: 372
    Options
    When you replace one, you certainly want it to "take," so I'd just go without until it warms up. Currently, I have two naked eggs, and everything is fine.